Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you played a non-iksar necro at 55+? Its awful compared to the lizard variety unless you have full gear like zheart and VP staff.
If you sit around and compare your health recovery speed and efficiency to another necro that is an iksar you will be able to measure the amount of time you waste being a non iksar.

The thing is, the necro is already a very efficient class and the extra iksar efficiency isn't such a big deal (to me)

As a monk you have less tools on your belt and extra innate regen feels like such a huge deal.

So yeah, the min/max vs personal min/max is what makes EQ great. Some races are "better" but may not be your top pick.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I call bullshit. The majority of the absolute best Shaman ever on P99, the ones who soloed stuff no one had ever soloed before, were all non-Ogres.

Now on paper, once you finally get to 60 and fix all your faction, is Ogre the best min/max race? Yes, we can agree on that.

But in the grand scheme of things FSI is a nothingburger: if you're min/maxing it's absolutely better in tough fights than regen, but it's no way at all necessary to solo big end game targets.
That's one of the beautiful things about EverQuest p99 though is the skill gaps on certain classes. Ogre undoubtedly is the better choice for shamans, but there is people out there who could run circles around a best in slot ogre shaman with a barb shaman with crappy ec gear.

Starting iksar anything is essentially like getting a free North ToV item from level 1. If a +innate regen + 25 ac item that you could right click and consume forever dropped in ToV, it would be worth insane amounts of DKP.

But there is plenty of people on this server who could absolutely massacre a regular iksar necro's efficiency with whatever race.

I've known enchanters on this server who are level 60 with less than 10k worth of gear equipped that would murder most raiding enchanters on the server.

In terms of whatever OP was saying, you've got it completely wrong. You can absolutely catch up and pass people who have been playing on this server since day 1. Hell, A LOT of those people don't even play anymore. Kelzaraz got a monk from level 1 to best in slot in 1 year, POST sleeper's. THE ONLY person on the server with better gear than Kelz is i THINK Diamondfist, and that's only because he has a lungi. All of the other monks that won a Lungi in Rampage aren't close to best in slot. So yes, Diamondfist might have 50 more hp than Kelz...... that obviously doesn't matter when you have better hp/ac than literally everyone else on the server.

And even still, having the most plat/items/gear doesn't make you the best player on the server. You could be gifted a best in slot toon today and everyone would realize you're a noob pretty quickly.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're saying it like mashed potatoes isn't beautiful.
Oh they are. Bit of butter, some salt and pepper, maybe some bacon and green onions...mmm!

Just pointing out it's something an ogre player would have to deal with. xD

That and needing a source of shrink. And also being KoS in parts of Neriak for some weird reason. Seen plenty of ogre corpses littering the city before, which shouldn't be.
Old 08-04-2021, 09:27 PM
Aviak

Rolled dark elf warrior because I don't want to pay for a guise.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:07 PM
Kobold

Lol to this. Literally thank the heavens for this server, I literally sleep better at night knowing P99 is here when I want it. All involved have my sincerest gratitude.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

I like the mechanics and gameplay that vanilla/classic offers.
Kunark is great and it brings a lot to the game but it was clearly refined from what they learned during classic.

level cap of 50 makes the world more dangerous combined with limited BiS gear. You're less of a god and more of an adventurer.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's hard to ignore the advantage an iksar has, even moreso when you've got folks telling you all the time "why aren't you iksar?" or "quick go reroll iksar!". Yes that has happened to me before.
Simple response. /bird
Old 08-08-2021, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

a non-iksar necro is going to see an iksar necro and regret all those hours leveling as a non-iksar necro.

I started green as an erudite necro, day 1 kunark I re-rolled iksar and never looked back. Yeah I have a 50 erudite necro and a 60 iksar necro.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a non-iksar necro is going to see an iksar necro and regret all those hours leveling as a non-iksar necro.

I started green as an erudite necro, day 1 kunark I re-rolled iksar and never looked back. Yeah I have a 50 erudite necro and a 60 iksar necro.
Got a 59 human necro and zero regrets

I see an iksar necro and think there is a lesser player, more than likely

Necro is such an awesome class, you really think that set of spells is that dependent upon some regen?
Old 08-08-2021, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro is such an awesome class, you really think that set of spells is that dependent upon some regen?
Yes

https://wiki.project1999.com/Demi_Lich
Closed Thread