Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 12:50 AM
Large Rat

Question List of skills that need "primed"?

I'm trying to find a list of skills that need at least one point spent on training them before they will increase with use.

Are "level-locked" skills the only ones that need primed? (E.g. Rogue's Dodge @ level 4, Warrior's Parry @ level 10.)

It seems like some skills (Sense Heading, Begging) don't increase until I put the point in. Does the first point simply take dozens of attempts?
Old 12-24-2017, 01:37 AM
Kobold

Any skill that must be trained after level 1, in addition to those you mentioned.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:52 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

According to the experiences of many on this server, myself included, you don't need to put a point in sense heading. It will eventually skill up however it can take a very long time to get that first skill up without spending the skill point. It is absolutely worth it to spend that point.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:58 AM
Fire Giant

Are you asking this for general knowledge / curiosity ?
I'm asking because if not; just put a point in each skill you're planing to get to 2+ and shoubidouwah /o/
I'm guessing you're trying to optimize your skill point planing, but in all reality it is pretty unnecessary hehe...

However if the answer to my first question is yes then go go for it! Curiosity is always good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-24-2017, 08:59 AM
Kobold

I think mend is on this list as well, even though it's a level 1 skill
Old 12-24-2017, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think mend is on this list as well, even though it's a level 1 skill
Mend will skill up with 0 points in it. Although a new monk should be spending all 5 points in mend.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mend will skill up with 0 points in it. Although a new monk should be spending all 5 points in mend.
Maybe I was bugged, but I wasn't even able to use the skill until I put a point into it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-24-2017, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

For some of the skills...ie a hybrids caster skills...I end up putting points into casting skills and sense heading to around 21.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:48 PM
Kobold

If I remember correctly, I once mapped my sense heading to my left turn key before putting any points into it. It did go up, but I'd bet it was at least 3x slower, even after my skill got up past 50
Old 12-25-2017, 02:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then the next 5 points, and the next 5 points, and the next 5 points...
Closed Thread