Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 01:15 AM
Planar Protector

Default 53 air vs 51 earth

3 Questions

1. Max hit on earth is 58 vs 56 on air. Air kicks for up to 70 but earth double kicks/bashes. Both proc/cast for the same damage. For raw dps does the kick damage make up for lower max hit? Double bash/kick mitigates the difference. I suspect they are so close that it doesn’t really matter, just curious.

2. Possibly myth, but there is a belief that air pet has superior avoidance much like monk class. Has anyone parsed this to prove or disprove? If not I will get around to testing. The earth certainly has more hp but without complete heal total hp pool isn’t clutch for duo/trio if keepin a max pet.

3. Prior to 54 water pet which one did you guys use most often in group? I suspect air for the comparable or possibly slightly better dps, the stun (biggest factor I imagine) and not having your pet root stuff and possibly cause problems with rogues who like to hump the legs of the mob they are fighting (proxy aggro). For caster interrupts could the case be mage that since earth bashes a lot more frequently than air casts stun - earth is better for interrupts? Air is clearly superior in reducing mob damage given the duration of the stun when it does fire.

Mage is 53 now and I’m loving it.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 05-16-2018 at 01:18 AM..
Old 05-16-2018, 05:39 PM
Sarnak

Default meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3 Questions

1. Max hit on earth is 58 vs 56 on air. Air kicks for up to 70 but earth double kicks/bashes. Both proc/cast for the same damage. For raw dps does the kick damage make up for lower max hit? Double bash/kick mitigates the difference. I suspect they are so close that it doesn’t really matter, just curious.

dps wise they are about the same but that air pet stun is far better fro grouping.

2. Possibly myth, but there is a belief that air pet has superior avoidance much like monk class. Has anyone parsed this to prove or disprove? If not I will get around to testing. The earth certainly has more hp but without complete heal total hp pool isn’t clutch for duo/trio if keepin a max pet.

This is true, the monk pet does take WAY less hits.

3. Prior to 54 water pet which one did you guys use most often in group? I suspect air for the comparable or possibly slightly better dps, the stun (biggest factor I imagine) and not having your pet root stuff and possibly cause problems with rogues who like to hump the legs of the mob they are fighting (proxy aggro). For caster interrupts could the case be mage that since earth bashes a lot more frequently than air casts stun - earth is better for interrupts? Air is clearly superior in reducing mob damage given the duration of the stun when it does fire.

I was lucky and got the air staff from plane of sky at 53 so i used the air pet in groups till water pet. I only ever use the earth pet when chain petting, need the mob not to run away. i only use the water pet in a group where we need a lot of dps also requires work from the mage to position the pet as needed. Air is my choice over all the other pets the kick plus the stun spell make it very nice the earth pet will root mobs which will let them CH or gate easier.

Mage is 53 now and I’m loving it.
Hope this helped. FYI on your mage you will hit a wall from 56-59 just push through it.
I use the 57 earth for farming only. other wise its my air pet all the way.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 05-18-2018, 03:48 AM
Sarnak

Is this true for the lower level pets, too? That air gets hit less?
Or do they assume these 'roles' (monk, rogue,..) only at level 50+?
Old 05-21-2018, 09:21 AM
Fire Giant

Starting with 50+ the pets take on roles:

Air = monk
Water = rogue
Earth = warrior
Fire = wizard

Pre 50 all pets are "warriors" with varying levels of HP and spells they cast.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hope this helped. FYI on your mage you will hit a wall from 56-59 just push through it.
I use the 57 earth for farming only. other wise its my air pet all the way.
I think I'm confused, primarily by this sentence:
i only use the water pet in a group where we need a lot of dps also requires work from the mage to position the pet as needed

So when would you be in a group when more dps isn't needed/welcomed? I get it that water pet requires you to position the mob sometimes (unless tank doing it), and I guess there might be times when a stun comes in handy against a caster?? Otherwise, water pet smokes air pet in DPS by a fair margin, and I would think it's the ideal group pet unless you've got epic or are for some reason having your pet tank, in which you'd go earth.

Not trying to flame at all, but it sounds like air pet is the easy/lazy group pet, and water pet is for those who want to up their dps (main role of mage in exp group?). Right?
Old 05-22-2018, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

Turning and positioning mobs is the tank's job, anyway.
Closed Thread