Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

other guilds* not another guilds
Old 08-24-2020, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Its funny you keep talking about training in ntov, but all the trains lately have been from Freedom AG, seems you guys are the problem
Old 08-24-2020, 02:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mmk

The narrative is this:

A week before the dragons were rooted, there were 3 very strong guilds/alliances competing happily in ToV. AM, AG, and Core/PS. AG was becoming a force by themselves. The time span from when Tempest died to Dragons being rooted saw a lot of healthy competition. I know for a fact that each guild/alliance scored a Vulak kill during this time. AM probably was winning 50%+ of the top targets, but there were another guilds actually TRYING to kill them, every time. This is competition

The dragons get rooted, and Riot forms from Core/PS, along with many officers/raiders from AG. Along with Infernus.. etc etc. AM dies. (Again not hating) Week in and week out, Vulak is a free kill. Along with MOST NToV dragons. How many times has Vulak been a free kill in this meta? With literally 0 other guilds competing? Well, I know the most recent example is... drum roll please... 2 days ago. Over the last year, I know that AG killed 1 maybe 2? Vulaks at most. I also know Ghxst+Kittens+every raider on the server not in ag/riot killed 2 vulaks due to a suspension. So, in retrospect, Riot has killed about 95% of the vulaks that have spawned over the last year. Most of those kills saw 0 other guilds competing against them. This is not competition.

IDK how else to spell it out. I'm trying to come from a neutral place with this, as above all, i'm a p99 player just like the rest of you guys, and want to see a healthy raid scene. I've raided as a member of just about every tier of guild on this server.

Now, moving on to some of the other arguments, such as, racing isn't classic. Well first and foremost I would say to you, neither is rooted dragons. However, for arguments sake, let's say that Rooted dragons were classic in era. Another big issue with this meta is that guilds cannot camp out raid targets due to server rules. If this was classic, I could take a 40 person raid, coth them to the safe spot in Doze's room, and engage+kill on spawn. I could take a 60 person raid, coth them up to dagarn's ledge, and prepare to FTE/Kill on spawn. Rampage killed every mob in NtoV with a 50-60 man raid right? In Kunark gear? And on live, I imagine most guilds hovered around the 50-60 number. When was the last time somebody even sniffed a Vulak kill with 50-60 people? Hell, when was the last time Doze was killed with a 40-50 person crew? I can think of one. Ghxst had doze down to 20% with about 40 raiders. Guess what happened next? We got trained. Guild B that caused the train conceded. Guild C killed doze while we recovered. The mob was dead to rights, yet we lost it for free.

2hour 2wipe lockouts. This would enable any guild with 50-60 level 60s to compete for every target (accept maybe fuckin vyemm, and of course AoW has and always will require a large raid force) If kittens who say meow wanted to compete for a vulak kill. They could. BuT TwOcHaIn KiTtEnS CoUlD JuSt AsK AnOtHeR GuIlD tO TeAm Up NoW If ThEy WaNtEd To KilL VuLaK. Which brings us back full circle. It's hard to convince casual raiders to come to ToV. Get coth'd up to Trips. And then either get trained for 5 hours, or watch two guilds literally doing nothing as a stalemate. Hey want to team up next week?

Raiding on this server is a toxic business. You guys ran Sirken off the server, who, despite a few mistakes he made, and maybe some heavy handed judgements, was the only guy who was willing to spend hours and hours every week playing pixel judge for a bunch of people who couldn't get along. It seemed like Braknar lasted two months of trying to do sirkens job before throwing his hands up and saying EVERYTHING IS FUCKED UP WITH RAIDING ON THIS SERVER I'M OUT. (Which sadly, was shaping up to be the best era, which is the post Tempest Am Vs Core/PS vs AG era). I hope that any GM reading my posts know that I am certainly not complaining. You guys deserve nothing but respect from us for all that you do.

That being said

2 hour 2 wipe lockouts. Roll 5 minutes after spawn. Define your guilds racers in that time. Anybody who is not a racer may not pass either the 4 way in ToV, or the 4 way in kael until FTE goes out. Winner gets 2 hours or 2 wipes to attempt the target. After that it's a free for all. If a dragon spawns during a Vulak attempt, the timer gets reset and the wipe doesn't count. You may race for any mob even if you have a current FTE. The 2 hour lockout begins on FTE, however, if you have an FTE on dagarn, then win an FTE on eashen, and wipe on Dagarn, it counts against your eashen wipe limit.

-This cuts down petitions to a fraction of what they are now. You win or you don't, and you move on. The only time there will be an issue, is say, if guild A wins Eashen, 5 minutes later Aary spawns and Guild B wins Aary, there's a chance things could get hairy. But Petitions would be way down.
-Brings back competition. If kittens who say meow won an FTE race for Vulak, they could reasonably kill it in 2 hours. Especially during the day.
-Removes poopsocking almost completely from the server. (Which again is healthy for competition... and healthy for real life)
-Allows guilds to experiment with encounters without fear of training other guilds and having to concede for two weeks/and or be suspended.
-Allows people to actually play the game while dragons are in window.

After a year of very little competition in ToV, I think it's time to try something new.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 08-24-2020, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The time span from when Tempest died to Dragons being rooted saw a lot of healthy competition.
Quote:
The time span from when Tempest died to Dragons being rooted saw a lot of healthy competition.
Quote:
Quote:
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 08-24-2020, 02:44 PM
Kobold

oops my b
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 08-24-2020, 02:45 PM
Banned

Everquest
Healthy

Choose one
Old 08-24-2020, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman2701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its funny you keep talking about training in ntov, but all the trains lately have been from Freedom AG, seems you guys are the problem

I talk about trains because it's a train meta. You train mobs away from or sometimes through raids. You kite them in a circle. Or you kite them away. Doze, trains both directions. Eashen, Train guards out. Vulak, train and kite flurries. Etc. Etc.

But I mean... to your point.. FR/AG are the only people competing against you guys in ToV lol... it's like saying "man when you guys weren't around everything went smooth". Riot isn't immune to accidentally training. ALL the trains lately have been from us? Come on man. You trained AG last week at vulak, and instead of conceding you let them team up with you. And gave them 1 loot. lol.

Let's take a look at the last Vulak FR/AG killed. We ended up having to concede two, but let's highlight what a shit show it was.

Feshlak was up, and it was an hours long stalemate. Kittens attempt to kill Fesh. They get it down to like what, 15? And start wiping. You guys send in a snipe crew. While you're engaged with Feshlak, a mob at the bottom of the ramp respawns. By chance (It could have agro'd anybody from all guilds represented if i'm not mistaken) the mob agros one of our members first. Not a big deal, it's a hot mob. Surely with 100+ raiders, we could reasonably be expected to be able to handle one HoT mob. We're dealing with it, but since most of our camp was in vulaks lair, we had to eventually move the mob there. Vulak was obviously our target. You were currently engaged with another target. You finish off fesh, and the moment it dies, by some miracle of RNG, Chexi gets FTE on Vulak. Since half of you raid force wasn't even in vulaks lair, it was immediately going to be a sketchy engage. Things fall off the rail pretty quick for you guys. BUT! the mob that we had been dealing with since before you were even engaged to vulak started summoning your low HP raiders from your, idk i guess ballsy? Vulak attempt, we had to concede two.

Most of that wasn't readily apparent until days later and hours of fraps being uploaded. Yet, 300+ wiped because you guys engaged a mob you weren't going to be able to take down with half your raid force. But we had to concede, but i'm not mad about that, because rules are rules. But don't forget that........ 300+ people wiped two more times after that, and from what I understand both times were Riot's fault. Which is why you guys conceded.

SO even though it was mainly your fault why 300+ people had to recover corpses for 2 hours, on a technicality, Fr/Ag was to blame because during the first wipe, a mob that we had been killing while you were engaged to an entirely different target summoned some of you as you frantically attempted Vulak.

Shit show
Old 08-24-2020, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lmfaoo

#FreeBritney
Old 08-24-2020, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everquest
Healthy

Choose one
the Ol Dirty Bastard is dirty and stinkin
Old 08-24-2020, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I talk about trains because it's a train meta. You train mobs away from or sometimes through raids. You kite them in a circle. Or you kite them away. Doze, trains both directions. Eashen, Train guards out. Vulak, train and kite flurries. Etc. Etc.

But I mean... to your point.. FR/AG are the only people competing against you guys in ToV lol... it's like saying "man when you guys weren't around everything went smooth". Riot isn't immune to accidentally training. ALL the trains lately have been from us? Come on man. You trained AG last week at vulak, and instead of conceding you let them team up with you. And gave them 1 loot. lol.

Let's take a look at the last Vulak FR/AG killed. We ended up having to concede two, but let's highlight what a shit show it was.

Feshlak was up, and it was an hours long stalemate. Kittens attempt to kill Fesh. They get it down to like what, 15? And start wiping. You guys send in a snipe crew. While you're engaged with Feshlak, a mob at the bottom of the ramp respawns. By chance (It could have agro'd anybody from all guilds represented if i'm not mistaken) the mob agros one of our members first. Not a big deal, it's a hot mob. Surely with 100+ raiders, we could reasonably be expected to be able to handle one HoT mob. We're dealing with it, but since most of our camp was in vulaks lair, we had to eventually move the mob there. Vulak was obviously our target. You were currently engaged with another target. You finish off fesh, and the moment it dies, by some miracle of RNG, Chexi gets FTE on Vulak. Since half of you raid force wasn't even in vulaks lair, it was immediately going to be a sketchy engage. Things fall off the rail pretty quick for you guys. BUT! the mob that we had been dealing with since before you were even engaged to vulak started summoning your low HP raiders from your, idk i guess ballsy? Vulak attempt, we had to concede two.

Most of that wasn't readily apparent until days later and hours of fraps being uploaded. Yet, 300+ wiped because you guys engaged a mob you weren't going to be able to take down with half your raid force. But we had to concede, but i'm not mad about that, because rules are rules. But don't forget that........ 300+ people wiped two more times after that, and from what I understand both times were Riot's fault. Which is why you guys conceded.

SO even though it was mainly your fault why 300+ people had to recover corpses for 2 hours, on a technicality, Fr/Ag was to blame because during the first wipe, a mob that we had been killing while you were engaged to an entirely different target summoned some of you as you frantically attempted Vulak.

Shit show
Sounds like you need to take a mental health break. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread