Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who needs evidence of any real crimes when you retards will just believe anything Trump says?
Trump is not the president anymore, please let it go and seek therapy.

You have to show ID to buy beer, because those under age 21 cannot legally buy beer.

You have to show ID to vote for the next president, because those who are not legal US citizens cannot vote for the next president.

What is wrong with any of that? Nothing. Desperate attempts to compare this to "showing papers" ala nazi germany is so fucking retarded and ridiculous. You guys are smarter than this, I know you are.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All they did was push the deadline back for a couple months, it's not really a long-term solution.
This has been the long term solution since 2008. We don't do budgets anymore. Just keep printing money and tack on another 8%.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it is like your article is arguing with your statement

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/...ment-shutdown/

"Schumer said he would bring the measure to the Senate floor, but the bill is almost certain to be blocked by a Republican filibuster."

Problem still seems to be the Republicans.

This makes your republicans the really issue.
Yes the democrat leader in the Senate is going to blame the republicans even though they have enough democrats to pass it without one republican vote.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well then I assume you must oppose all situations when showing ID is required? I mean, why even have ID's at all? Your logic is completely incoherent and falls apart under even cursory scrutiny.
Again, not Constitutional rights. Keep up tiger. 🐯
Old 09-30-2021, 06:05 PM
Banned

It just so happens that to get an ID, you may have to go to a DMV. Guess where republicans shut down the most DMV's? In area's where the poor, poc, and democrats live. So its either racist, classism, or political. Just so happens that if you live in a city and dont use a car, you probably wont have a drivers license. If you're 18, living in a city, and your DMV is 20 miles away, you probably wont have an ID.

You need a birth certificate, 2 forms of mail to your home address, SSN card, and who know what else. A lot of people simply dont have those.

So why isnt writing your name, address, SSN, DOB, and literally all your personal info under penalty of fraud (up to 5 years in prison) NOT GOOD ENOUGH, but if you have it on a card, THEN write it down, its now good enough.

It just is racist.

How is that not good enough?? Who you are down to your SSN, address, phone number, all that shit. Literally telling them "this is where you find me if im lying" then signing it, thats not good enough. If you have it on a plastic card, then fill out the exact same into, its now good enough.

Thats really fucking stupid, to me.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trump is not the president anymore, please let it go and seek therapy.

You have to show ID to buy beer, because those under age 21 cannot legally buy beer.

You have to show ID to vote for the next president, because those who are not legal US citizens cannot vote for the next president.

What is wrong with any of that? Nothing. Desperate attempts to compare this to "showing papers" ala nazi germany is so fucking retarded and ridiculous. You guys are smarter than this, I know you are.
You're looking for a solution to a problem that simply doesn't exist, Trump's own FBI director said the last election was the most secure ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes the democrat leader in the Senate is going to blame the republicans even though they have enough democrats to pass it without one republican vote.
This is false, they still need 10 more votes to break the Republican filibuster.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, not Constitutional rights. Keep up tiger. 🐯
Out of curiosity, how do you justify the difference between asking me to walk somewhere to vote and asking me to bring voter ID?
Old 09-30-2021, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They do! But only under reconciliation. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And now you know the game afoot.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of curiosity, how do you justify the difference between asking me to walk somewhere to vote and asking me to bring voter ID?
Apples and Planet Nibiru, jib.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're looking for a solution to a problem that simply doesn't exist, Trump's own FBI director said the last election was the most secure ever.

This is false, they still need 10 more votes to break the Republican filibuster.
Not if they label it as infrastructure and pass it with the continuing resolution then they only need a majority which is why sending checks to people with children is labeled as "family infrastructure" or whatever bullshit they are calling it.
Closed Thread