Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-14-2021, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

"its not that bad if you're used to it!"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

of course that's what your bank account looks like in california, so potatos patatos.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you’re born there and it’s all you’ve known is no big deal. But ya it’s a shock to the point of killing people unprepared for it

It’s only completely brutal for these months (ex: it’s like 105 still out now in September), but around Halloween to spring it’s really nice out

We have a low cost of living too which is attractive for some. Although I get the same breakfast foods (always takeout at work) for years so I have memorized the prices, and those have all gone up 1-1.5$ in the past few weeks

This restaurant that I’ve been getting breakfast at for years was the only one to tell me since I’m friends with the owner. She said “sorry we gotta charge you $1.00 more, we’ve had to raised prices or we’d go out of business. Meat costs like 5 times what it used to now”

So cost of living going up. I just got a 6% raise and it’s barely covering it
Some of the meat expense may just be temporary due to the lack of transport drivers
Old 09-14-2021, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

There is a lack of transport drivers because they have leverage to ask for more money. It is not temporary.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder what type of effect this is going to have.

Quote:
China's second largest property developer Evergrande is on the verge of defaulting. Evergrande has over $300 BILLION in debt and has resorted to paying its paint supplier in-kind with apartments. Retail investors and apartment buyers protest at Evergrande HQ, "Evergrande return our money".

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...eb2x&context=3
Old 09-14-2021, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is a lack of transport drivers because they have leverage to ask for more money. It is not temporary.
Meh that’s debatable. There will always be people willing to do the job in the long run
Old 09-14-2021, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Meh that’s debatable. There will always be people willing to do the job in the long run
I hadn’t heard of this transport driver shortage. I don’t completely understand how everyone is so short-staffed these days

Ok, unemployment was more than people were making before, but hasn’t unemployment run out for most?

My work agency is offering bonuses to anyone who refers someone who ends up getting hired. So if I refer someone and they get hired, I get like $1000. That’s how short staffed we are too

In fact, I could probably call my boss right before my shift tomorrow and say “hey I’m not coming in today ya cunt”, and she’d probably say “ok but please come in tomorrow and I don’t like that language btw” and that would be the worst they would do to me about it. I’m kidding, but yeah we are desperate like everywhere else…
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-14-2021 at 11:06 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hadn’t heard of this transport driver shortage. I don’t completely understand how everyone is so short-staffed these days

Ok, unemployment was more than people were making before, but hasn’t unemployment run out for most?

My work agency is offering bonuses to anyone who refers someone who ends up getting hired. So if I refer someone and they get hired, I get like $1000. That’s how short staffed we are too

In fact, I could probably call my boss right before my shift tomorrow and say “hey I’m not coming in today ya cunt”, and she’d probably say “ok but please come in tomorrow and I don’t like that language btw” and that would be the worst they would do to me about it. I’m kidding, but yeah we are desperate like everywhere else…
Old 09-15-2021, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of the meat expense may just be temporary due to the lack of transport drivers
The Whitehouse blamed it on meat companies last week not drivers. I remember watching it, they said something like how there are only 5 major chicken distributers and that those 5 big corporations are the reason meat prices are increasing. Meanwhile 6 months ago they were shitting on these people for going to work and spreading covid instead of staying at home.
https://www.businessinsider.com/why-...-report-2021-9
Old 09-15-2021, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Do you think this Christmas Jimmy Kimmel will do one of those prank skits where kids get crappy Christmas gifts, but this year the kids dont get gifts at all because of the supply chain breakdown and then the parents lecture them about voting for democrats and then everyone laughs when they give them the real gifts because these are all super white privleged people?
Old 09-15-2021, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Ya probably.

Rich doing great. Its obvious. Dem / Rep all cucked out to big bucks, who is thriving. There is no shortage of anything except human empathy for other humans, especially from the rich who do a lot of mental gymnastics to rationalize their over abundance.

Love your neighbor
Lost but not forgotten.