Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 11:48 PM
Banned

Yeah. The bar for sexual harassment has been significantly lowered too.

It should not be the case that you could make a pass at one woman and be accused of harassment or even assault and be publically shamed, fired and cast out of polite society, yet the exact same pass with somebody else might lead to a future wife and a happy and healthy family. Actual sexual assault has become so rare that this is a real possibility. This was the negative issue with #metoo, even though I do think it has a lot of value in many ways.

Women have absolutely zero risk of having their lives ruined because of over-the-top flirting at a bar or frat party. This is why it's so dangerous to pretend there aren't differences between the sexes. There obviously are.
Old 09-16-2021, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What have they won? SCOTUS is 6-3, DACA is deceased, abortion has been thwarted, Dems can't even get tax hikes approved, you'll get both Chambers in 2022.

Your fort is secure, let them have their elf MUSH.
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but this is the whole point of our system; it's not supposed to be one-party rule. That was called england, that is what we were trying to escape from when the nation formed. Power shifts left to right all the time, at both the local, state and national level. That's the whole point. That's the point of checks and balances, and that system has produced the most abundant and flourishing nation on earth. So it might be a good system, I dunno.

However it is currently being threatened by insane people who want to completely uproot it and essentially replace it with communism, despite having never lived under communism.

It's funny how people who flee communist countries come to the US and warn people against it while championing capitalism, while the only people in favor of it are, ironically, dorks who grew up under capitalism and have no idea what communism actually entails, and have apparently never read a history book.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but this is the whole point of our system; it's not supposed to be one-party rule. That was called england, that is what we were trying to escape from when the nation formed. Power shifts left to right all the time, at both the local, state and national level. That's the whole point. That's the point of checks and balances, and that system has produced the most abundant and flourishing nation on earth. So it might be a good system, I dunno.

However it is currently being threatened by insane people who want to completely uproot it and essentially replace it with communism, despite having never lived under communism.

It's funny how people who flee communist countries come to the US and warn people against it while championing capitalism, while the only people in favor of it are, ironically, dorks who grew up under capitalism and have no idea what communism actually entails, and have apparently never read a history book.
How seriously threatened? Twitter isn't real life.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not threatened. I’m saying it’s hypocritical to have a culture that encourages women to constantly objectify themselves, then to take offense when men do it to women (are we even sure it’s men doing it too? How do we know these characters aren’t being drawn by women?). And also, men are objectified and no one complains, which also comes across as hypocritical by the ones complaining about women being objectified

And I’ve been on both sides of the fence, so I think I am allowed to have an opinion on life as a fat and thin person. Here’s my cousin and I, 10 years apart

But I do agree that people are caving to a vocal minority on Twitter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51EF744A-30AC-4BFE-9F63-ABCD41525AD8.jpg (21.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg C1DA8897-67B9-4EE7-92F3-33227DF068B4.jpg (23.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-17-2021, 12:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Uh no the woke agenda is disturbingly prevalent in our congress and broader culture. I agree the twitter crazies are a minority, the issue is that the majority of other people are easily cowed by nice-sounding words. They hear the perfectly vague term "racial justice" and go "well sure I agree with that!", only to find out it means segregating classrooms and dorms by race. And demonization of "whiteness" IE collectively blaming an entire race for the actions of a few. It is literally going backward in terms of social progress, all while claiming to be "progressive". It's an insane circus sideshow at this point, and a complete contradiction of terms.

MSNBC, a *major* mainstream media outlet, calls larry elder "The black face of white supremacy" because he has like, somewhat conservative views on taxes and social programs or something. They just completely dismiss his free agency to make up his own mind. They lecture us about "not stereotyping" and then insist black people are all supposed to think the same thing and vote for the same party. It's completely racist and backward, and they have the gall to pat themselves on the back for being the good guys. Barf. America has never been less racist than it is today, and people pretend it's worse than ever because they live in an ideological bubble. And there's certainly a bubble on the right too, don't get me wrong. But the left's bubble is far more pernicious.
Last edited by Ooloo; 09-17-2021 at 12:35 AM..
Old 09-17-2021, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

The (((woke))) agenda
Old 09-17-2021, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uh no the woke agenda is disturbingly prevalent in our congress and broader culture. I agree the twitter crazies are a minority, the issue is that the majority of other people are easily cowed by nice-sounding words. They hear the perfectly vague term "racial justice" and go "well sure I agree with that!", only to find out it means segregating classrooms and dorms by race. And demonization of "whiteness" IE collectively blaming an entire race for the actions of a few. It is literally going backward in terms of social progress, all while claiming to be "progressive". It's an insane circus sideshow at this point, and a complete contradiction of terms.

MSNBC, a *major* mainstream media outlet, calls larry elder "The black face of white supremacy" because he has like, somewhat conservative views on taxes and social programs or something. They just completely dismiss his free agency to make up his own mind. They lecture us about "not stereotyping" and then insist black people are all supposed to think the same thing and vote for the same party. It's completely racist and backward, and they have the gall to pat themselves on the back for being the good guys. Barf. America has never been less racist than it is today, and people pretend it's worse than ever because they live in an ideological bubble. And there's certainly a bubble on the right too, don't get me wrong. But the left's bubble is far more pernicious.
You should read critical theory before you try to lampoon it. Leave that to the Arabs.

Let me know what it says.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The (((woke))) agenda
Old 09-17-2021, 12:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
You should read critical theory before you try to lampoon it. Leave that to the Arabs.

Let me know what it says.
It has many prominent critics who all have essentially the same critique. I don't think I need to read it, although I'd be willing to.

In exchange, you should read every book by Thomas Sowell.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It has many prominent critics who all have essentially the same critique.
So they all seized upon a single criticism and you're hiveminding it?

Conservatism, folks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread