Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 03:39 PM
Kobold

Default Necro Charming 20+ Undead Locations

Heyo! I have a new Necromancer that I'm really falling in love with, and would love to try necro charming, as it's easily my favorite way of leveling. Just got my first Charm spell at lvl 20 and looking for places to utilize it.

I'm currently whacking frogs with a Smoldering Brand in guk, it's fun but kinda barbaric for my weakling Necro. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to go? I have my 30+ charm spots dialed in from Druid/Ench experience, but I can't think of anywhere to fill the 20-30 undead charm gap. Only place I can think of is Unrest, but I only play on peak, it's often crowded and might be too difficult for a 20 Necro.

Is there anywhere in Old world/Kunark that I'm missing?
Old 01-12-2018, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately the Per-Level Guide doesn't have any good Necro places for your level. It has Tower of Frozen Shadow, but apparently it's no good until 26-29.

My best guess would be Kurn's Tower, but since my Necro is still at level 12 you should take that with a grain of salt.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately the Per-Level Guide doesn't have any good Necro places for your level. It has Tower of Frozen Shadow, but apparently it's no good until 26-29.

My best guess would be Kurn's Tower, but since my Necro is still at level 12 you should take that with a grain of salt.
Thanks for the reply loramin. I actually just left Kurns at 20 as things were getting a little too easy/green. Maybe I'll just slug out 20-30 ghetto style, and then follow my 30+ charming route.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Try lower level stuff in befallen? Im not sure on mob levels down there
Old 01-12-2018, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

There’s really no good dedicated undead place in the 20s except unrest which you mentioned and it’s overcamped. West side of lake of ill omen has tons of wandering skeletons to get you 30+ but you probably too low to charm them at 20, better at 25. Lake of I’ll omen near goblin fort and gazughi ring camp has a lot of wandering skeletons you could try out too that are lower.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s really no good dedicated undead place in the 20s except unrest which you mentioned and it’s overcamped. West side of lake of ill omen has tons of wandering skeletons to get you 30+ but you probably too low to charm them at 20, better at 25. Lake of I’ll omen near goblin fort and gazughi ring camp has a lot of wandering skeletons you could try out too that are lower.
Great news! Thanks for the tip. I'll slog it to 25 and head over to LOIO
Old 01-12-2018, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Also Kurns basement is great XP to 24 (can pluck away to 25) from the undead. Key is not being KoS to the Badgers. Killing 1 badger in FoB or Kurns ruins it though (same with a specific named skeleton, don't remember the name atm)like, so if you've killed 0 Badgers just IVU to basement and charm kill/undead nuke your heart out.

Only issue is over time the Badgers can take over some undead spawn points. But I solo nuked Cleric in Kurns to 25 in basement.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also Kurns basement is great XP to 24 (can pluck away to 25) from the undead. Key is not being KoS to the Badgers. Killing 1 badger in FoB or Kurns ruins it though (same with a specific named skeleton, don't remember the name atm)like, so if you've killed 0 Badgers just IVU to basement and charm kill/undead nuke your heart out.

Only issue is over time the Badgers can take over some undead spawn points. But I solo nuked Cleric in Kurns to 25 in basement.
Yeah I got a little stroppy at a badger in FoB, unfortunately those Badgers are not my biggest fans.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I got a little stroppy at a badger in FoB, unfortunately those Badgers are not my biggest fans.
Yea I did the same on my Necro when I first started here lol. Basement prolly not worth it then cause the Badgers HT making charming kinda sloppy at that level.

I didn't charm till like 30+. I did various SK camps for centaurs/aviaks root rot & 28-32 did Treants in SK. LOIO should work plenty nicely though at various spots to go 20-30 with a mix of charm, root rot, pet tank/fear kiting.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Kobold

Thanks for the advice everyone! Looks like LOIO will be a stomping ground until my charming options open up. Cheers