Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 07:26 PM
Banned

Default SG Safe Point

Lots of discussion going on in a server chat thread regarding an in era bug for the Siren's Grotto zone. Currently the safe point is on the Cobalt Scar zone line but if it was changed to the WW zone line this classic bug could be fairly easily replicated. I believe it would require the player to be shrunk to work still but close enough for me. Just a thought.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=286761
Old 12-13-2017, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
never had to be shrunk on live.
if you have a copy of the titanium client source maybe that could be arranged but work with what you have imo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2019, 09:50 PM
Former Guide

Clear exploit, moving to resolved.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

As I remember it, this "exploit" was very widely used, and not banned by GMs on any server I was aware of, which makes it no different from recharging, or any other "feature" that was a bug in the eyes of the EQ devs. If you couldn't get in trouble for doing X on live, and moreover if the devs never "fixed" X (especially not in the classic era), then I think it's inaccurate to call X an exploit.

I truly think this falls into the same category as recharging items: it absolutely, 100% was a "bug" in that the original EQ devs didn't intend for it to be that way. But at the same time, I think more people knew how to glitch across SG in classic than knew how to recharge (recharging really wasn't something most people needed to do, but everyone needed to cross SG). It was a part of the game that players relied on, and if we don't have that part here, we're really not making the same game.

I'll happily try and dig up in-era evidence to demonstrate how widely known this was, if such evidence will be considered. And to be clear, I'm not fighting for this at all because I care personally about getting through SG. I haven't raided ToV in months, and besides one of my two mains is a 60 druid who doesn't even need this glitch to get through (while Loramin has always had no problem waiting for a Succor from a guildie).

I'm fighting for this because I <3 Classic EverQuest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-25-2019 at 10:18 PM..
Closed Thread