Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 07:20 PM
Fire Giant

Default Green List Question @GMs

Yo @Landris, @Nilbog, @Rogean

I really like the list idea you came up with. It makes sense in my eyes. I do have a concern with it and wonder how you plan on tackling this?

Having played blue for so long I know that EQ players will do anything to loop hole mechanics and rules to get pixels. What is to stop a low lvl monk coming to guise camp and putting himself on the list. FD, and AFK. Now the person below that monk will wait forever and the guise camp not getting killed. The person below will be force to either petition the monk or end up just killing it for the monk so he can get his chance.

All it would take is the GM to come by and remove him from list or zone etc. But it still requires a GM to come. It would be annoying for the GM's, annoying for the campers. Just everyone. Do you add a level restriction? Do you add a timer for the mob to get killed before it goes to the next person on list? I dont know the answer to that but curious how you would handle it.

I plan on playing a DE necro and don't want to go anywhere near those camps because I could care less about a manastone or guise. Just a thought I had in my head. Ty for releasing green, been wanting to play on a new server ever since I joined back in 2013.

PS- Make me an event guide on green. That is the one big thing missing on blue that green could do differently!
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 09-15-2019, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Simple... any perceived gaming/exploiting of the list system results in an instant account and hardware ban. Players will be shaking in their boots making sure they follow the system precisely as intended.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-15-2019, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to address a few misconceptions I've seen about the Lists.

The items will still be going to those that put the time in. This is not a "Casual" mechanism. This is a "Fair playing field for those that can put the time in". You will need to be the appropriate level that we pre-determine to add to the list. You need to stay ONLINE and in the zone or near the camp. You need to pass AFK Check Mechanisms. You can only loot it once. Etc. This system is purely to prevent the same people or group of people from holding the camp for days or weeks at a time and stocking up the items for themself and their friends/guildies.
I suppose if they are appropriate level, and not AFK, and they just stand there refusing to kill the mob, it might be a problem.

However, you could just kill the mob for them. If the item drops (say, the Guise) and they loot it, they're done and you can have your turn. If the item drops and they refuse to loot it, and it rots, well then, they should be removed from the list automatically and you can have your turn.

Does that assuage your concern?

If not, I'm sure the devs/GMs will take care of it. I doubt they have time to answer the threads asking questions about the List (and there have been several despite the Devs' specificity lol). However, if they never pop on the forums to answer questions, you can bet they'll be there on Green to mediate disputes and so on. So if the situation you fear arises, it will be taken care of.

The List shall be upheld.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:58 PM
Banned

Not to worry pals I have lawyers on retainer. Up until and after green launch they'll be studying the facts.

They've also just informed me that I should install OBS so that I can submit fraps in petitions against law breakers.
Last edited by Demoraliser; 09-15-2019 at 08:01 PM..
Old 09-15-2019, 08:05 PM
Sarnak

Woah dude great original question. Definitely deserved it's own thread. Why should the devs bother to respond to you if you can be bothered to read all the redundant posts on this board?

Just wait. Ffs. The people running this are smarter than you (just guessing after reading your post). They have already thought of this.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

I thought I discovered quantum theory when I came up with the same loophole then I realized that with a simple 1 minuet timer to engage it could pass the camp onto the next person on the list. And look at that vidari bolded the afk check mechanisms I bet they do something like that.

also I love op like barges in and is like YO nilbog YO Rogean YEEAA i got a question *kicks chair around and sit son it backwards
Old 09-15-2019, 08:21 PM
Server GM

There will be anti AFK methods used and a minimum level to get on the list.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:51 PM
Sarnak

Yeah but what if [Obscure, Convoluted and Highly Improbably Scenario that will never happen]?
Old 09-15-2019, 09:41 PM
Fire Giant

Yes this answered the question ty!

And no I didn't spend a ton of time reading the forums before posting. Take it easy big guy
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Closed Thread