Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has the OP played an enc past level 12 ?
Old 09-28-2020, 10:56 AM
Aviak

Mesmerize does not mem wipe at a 50/50 rate. I use it to kill casters after breaking charm in between nukes and it rarely causes health to increase (which is tied to mem blur). I’d say 1/10 is more accurate.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calm down buddy.

So with further testing I can say that video lag results in more player push. Given the code that EQEmu uses this would result in significantly higher interrupt chance.

Talking a change from 2% chance reduction if you get hit once to 200% chance reduction if you get hit once and a change in moving X/Y axis from .02 to .2.

My new theory is that in EQ live players experienced video lag and lower performance and the EQ client actually moves your player model more if it is lagging when you get hit.

You can test this by taking a /loc before and after being hit and then do the same when alt tabbed to induce some video processing delay (on most systems).

Thus the final conclusion is that similar to Bard AE kiting getting nerfed channeling chance should be about 10x less likely on P99 due to the types of computers people played on back in 1999.
Okay so just to recap here, you're doing a lot of "testing" and writing lengthy summaries of it in this thread without providing any evidence of what things were like in 1999? Okay got it.

I think we can move this to resolved. Or go post this and your "theory" in the bug reports forum and you'll get responded to with a request for real evidence of what things were like in 1999 and THEN you can move it to resolved.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just move the clarity spell line from enchanter to wizard. Things will work themselves out.
And move torpor to druids while we are at it.
BTW, Thanks for reminding me : torpor actually drained your mana and I'm not sure at what point they changed this, hell maybe it should stil be draining mana on blue.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:28 AM
Aviak

Enjoy your free everquest.
Old 09-28-2020, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The spirit off the game was in forcing people to group. Ench have become the ultimate anti-group anti-classic class. Running through various dungeons picking named camps off solo.

A prime example is Estrella. I was in kedge a month ago and estrella had wiped about 10 castle players attempting her. While I was helping them cr an ench came in and solo killed her which apparently is how she is normally killed on pop.

Nilbog, please review this in the spirit of classic. There appears to be one class manipulating the spirit of cleric and denying others the grouping experience by soloing group mobs easily that they should not be able to.
the 10 people probably cleared her room, or ench got VERY LUCKY pacifying the room

if you get her single and dispell its manageable, its easy to get trained. I promise no ench is going in there 100% solo and clearing everything unless he has game or server is 100% Broken, those mermaids were very MR on live
Old 09-28-2020, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Here are the classic bugs with Charm that I compiled while trawling newsgroups and mailing lists:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=359961

Charm in Classic EQ died a death of a thousand cuts. Those are some of the cuts. A bunch of small things that added up to make charming a giant pain.

I do also believe Channeling is too powerful on P99, I'll dig some on this and see what I can find.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay so just to recap here, you're doing a lot of "testing" and writing lengthy summaries of it in this thread without providing any evidence of what things were like in 1999? Okay got it.

I think we can move this to resolved. Or go post this and your "theory" in the bug reports forum and you'll get responded to with a request for real evidence of what things were like in 1999 and THEN you can move it to resolved.
Lower system performance is a known fact and was referenced by the devs in nerfing AE spells.

I showed that lower video performance increases push amount per hit from mobs which directly relates to channeling.

Why are you so against making things classic?
Old 09-28-2020, 01:47 PM
Banned

go outside
Old 09-28-2020, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
go outside
Quote:
60 Enchanter in raid guild tells me to go outside
I'm literally outside right now looking at a beautiful view. Thanks.
Closed Thread