Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2020, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lower system performance is a known fact and was referenced by the devs in nerfing AE spells.

I showed that lower video performance increases push amount per hit from mobs which directly relates to channeling.

Why are you so against making things classic?
It's an interesting subject, though as I told you it will simply make enchanters more powerful instead of less relative to other classes because other classes don't have 1.0 second casting stun spell.

It also wouldnt surpise me its true and it reminds me of the fall sensitivty of people with poor connections to the server,especially after kunark was released and you had tons of cliffs/hills to navigatepeople with bad connectiosn would get murdered on those hills.

The problem here is you are alleging poor performance was the issue, and hence would fall in the same category of all the other thigns that shouldnt be going on like brds swarm kitting dozens of mobs which no one could do due to server instablity but we have a stable server here now so we have to deal with it.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem here is you are alleging poor performance was the issue, and hence would fall in the same category of all the other thigns that shouldnt be going on like brds swarm kitting dozens of mobs which no one could do due to server instablity but we have a stable server here now so we have to deal with it.
I kited 100+ mobs as a Bard until AE was nerfed. Both Chardok AE and Bard AE kiting were nerfed using the "modern technology/stability" argument. I think Channeling should be as well and if Enchanter really has no impact from this in terms of their OP charming then so be it. My experiencing playing an Enchanter though tells me it will make a major difference even with AE stun. At a minimum it will require using the stuns/mana whereas right now I just eat damage, cast through it, and regen with illusion between fights.

Also the story about Estrella is accurate. Enchanter charm is disruptive to others as it allows trivializing content and disruption. Last time I posted this thread I was told to "play an enchanter before you assume it's so easy." Well, I'm playing one now and it's even more overpowered than I thought at first and just as easy.

So we have the same reasoning to nerf channeling or charm as existed to nerf AE spells.
Last edited by azxten; 09-28-2020 at 02:37 PM..
Old 09-28-2020, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

This feels like somebody playing Old School ('93/'94) MTG in modern day and complaining that blue is busted.

Yeah, that's kinda the point.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This feels like somebody playing Old School ('93/'94) MTG in modern day and complaining that blue is busted.

Yeah, that's kinda the point.
You don't think blue was busted with 4 ancestral recalls, 4 mana drains, 4 time walks?
Old 09-28-2020, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
go outside
Old 09-28-2020, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the 10 people probably cleared her room, or ench got VERY LUCKY pacifying the room

if you get her single and dispell its manageable, its easy to get trained. I promise no ench is going in there 100% solo and clearing everything unless he has game or server is 100% Broken, those mermaids were very MR on live
I'm sorry you promised but that just means you haven't been in Kedge, your statement is incorrect. The mermaids in the room are easily pacified and there are ench regulars that show up in Kedge and solo Estrella every 3 days like clockwork. Do the ench die sometimes? Yes but they are max level and just bind in the safe alcove nearby and start over. I know because I've watched it happen several times since.

Whatever solo ench showed up would alway grab Shellara who is always up but the last 2 solo kills I saw Shellara wasn't used just a reg mermaid.

PS Do I have their names? Yes I do.
Last edited by turbosilk; 09-28-2020 at 05:23 PM..
Old 09-28-2020, 05:37 PM
Sarnak

Seems pretty obvious OP has never played a Chanter.

My blue main is a Chanter, and it is definitely the toughest class to play well. And it's extremely easy to die over and over.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And move torpor to druids while we are at it.
BTW, Thanks for reminding me : torpor actually drained your mana and I'm not sure at what point they changed this, hell maybe it should stil be draining mana on blue.
You may be thinking of the Voice of the Berserker line of spells that drains all of your mana.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may be thinking of the Voice of the Berserker line of spells that drains all of your mana.
Nope. Torpor. ws considered pretty mediocre spell until they removed the mana drain on it. It was actually balanced then, too. instead of idiotic overpoweredness it became.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:00 PM
Planar Protector

Okay so

1. Enchanter is easy , the only real challenge on a fundamental level is having Gina triggers to notify you of a charm break. It take a look at any enchanter who solos chardok unironically. Doesnt get any easier than that.

2. Yes enchanters are broken. I can solo 95% of group content as an enchanter and 90% of that is doable without any excessive level of gear. I solo chottals that are sitting up at random times. I can go down and solo a khelkar before bed. I can solo the drusella camp for 12+ hours semi afk including the drusella kill herself. Shit, weve recently seen 2 enchanters who solod fungi king. I intentionally decline all group offers but it's literally not worth the enchanters time to carry over half the weight of a group with their charm pet and then split the profits. Enchanters are also S tier at combat manipulation. I can literally pull 10 mobs, catch them all with my pet and mezzes, lull/blur the ones I didnt want and then fight the target solo while the rest just go home. In most situations this is faster than any monk or necro could split. Some arguement can be made that enchanters are lumped in with the dkp farmer classes like (afk non racing bard, necro , wizard. druid, alt rogues) because they have little use in a raid environment so you can argue that mayhe this is their "balance"? Idk. However this is a small portion of the game. Plus enchanters who raid solely on enchanters are usually the trash tier kind that only know how to buff so it's best to not become one of those in first place. They're one of the best cure shield holders though! Lol

3. OP sounds like he doesnt know how to play enchanter or is doing content that is trivial innately. Not using stuns is stupid. Stunning a mob is so so sooo much better than eating the damage , reacting your rune then regenning up (I assume you dont have ring 10 , aob or zland heart since you're actually using troll illusion). Animation pets are okay for content that doesnt warrant just charming something to squash it faster then ditching your pet, like xicotl in MM or something.

4. The only reason there are 9000 iksar monk mains and not 9000 high elf enchanter mains is because doing 90dps with a stick is more fun than doing 200dps with a pet frog apparently
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Last edited by enjchanter; 09-28-2020 at 07:06 PM..
Closed Thread