Yes 27 28.13%
No 14 14.58%
George Bush coughed on the towers 55 57.29%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've said my peace, anyone who thinks thata 70k write of is "fine", is not a conservative. If you got I think haircuts should be free then please just keep polishing your ar15 waiting for the great command.
70k could be the entirety of his apprentice shows... that's like 10+ years man. Wow, a billionaire doing a super popular TV show paid 7kish a year for a hairstylist. Ya, I'm sure those conservatives cant sleep at night over it.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Here we have a conservative that thinks a haircut for an entertainer should be a tax write off, and I'm the dumb extremist.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
750$

Loooooooooool

Yall trumpists drank the kool aid
How many people did you employ/hire to do productive things?

BTW, I'm not a Trump person...but there is a reason (in the literal sense of the word, whether you agree with it or not) that people who actually build shit with their lives get tax incentives. Trump isn't the only one (on either side of the aisle), and he certainly didn't create the system that let him do it.
Last edited by fastboy21; 09-29-2020 at 05:16 PM..
Old 09-29-2020, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many people did you employ/hire to do productive things?
This many: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...uits/85297274/
Old 09-29-2020, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fwiw other celeb hair expenses seem to be around 10k so its totally rational to assume someone like Trump would be doing a little tax evasion claiming his were 70.

What bothers me is that we have 2 groups of people that will give their idol a pass on anything, while they claim the other idol is a demegog or puppet.

And what really bothers me is the ones that are "conservative" say I'm "dumb" for questioning someone's 70k claim on haircuts.

It's outrageous.
The tax code is and has been bull shit for a long time. Tax evasion should result in the death penalty for not only the perpetrator but also his entire bloodline. It’s really time to start enforcing social penalties for profligacy in the name of Jupiter Capitolinus
Old 09-29-2020, 05:22 PM
Banned

If anyone could be bothered to actually read the ny times article in question, they themselves point out he actually *paid* millions in income tax. His tax *liability* was 750 dollars, but they of course open with the 750 figure cause people are too damn dumb to figure anything out and they know you're gullible sheep.

Think about it socratically; why the fuck would he pay anything at all, if he was exploiting illegalities to do it? "Sure uhhh, I'll pay 750 dollars even though I'm a billionaire and nobody will notice!". You can get pissed all you want about him writing off haircuts or whatever so you can remain angry at him even though the narrative you were fed is a total horseshit lie, but I'd suggest you should be angrier at the people feeding you this lie.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

correct me if I am wrong, but is this debate even needed?
sounds like everyone made their choice already months ago who they voting for?!
Old 09-29-2020, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

I think celebrities' writing off their entourage is despicable and we should be changing the law right now instead of measuring each others internet reading dicks.

In the old days when shit like this happened and it turned out the little man was getting screwed, we'd make a national interest about fixing it.

Now we make one about whos political idol is smarter than the others its so insane what is this ROME???
Old 09-29-2020, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Here we have a conservative that thinks a haircut for an entertainer should be a tax write off, and I'm the dumb extremist.
I's a fucking TV show that entirely features trump as the main actor who himself has always been closely link to his hair/hair style. I'm sure he had makeup artists on there too. Showbiz is a business just like any other man. You need to pay costs to get to final production.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I's a fucking TV show that entirely features trump as the main actor who himself has always been closely link to his hair/hair style. I'm sure he had makeup artists on there too. Showbiz is a business just like any other man. You need to pay costs to get to final production.
I disagree, showbuisness is not important enough to deserve tax incentives, how could you argue that Movistar's should get tax breaks but working class people shouldn't be able to write off their clothes that they wear to work or their means of conveyance? We're talking about the vast majority of people in this country vs an incredibly small, and wealthy subset of artists for gods sake. Tell me you think they have tax write offs for any reason other than in the past they had very expensive lawyers. Try and convince me of that!

Lets be reasonable, the news is saying this: Trump also wrote off $95k for a “a favorite hair and makeup artist of Ivanka Trump”

I have every right to be outraged about that and think if they cant trace every penny to whom, than we live in a country this has lost its rocker. Until the news reports more about it I cant do anything but demand more deatails about it.

And yet I have you telling me Im dumb for that and that I should just take your word for what probably happened and that its all totally fine. Like cool, if you're fine with it, why are you commenting? Shouldnt you be just sitting by your fireplace?
Closed Thread