Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-11-2015, 02:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Experiencing same problem over here
Old 06-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Run a trace to the server and see where the problems are. Most likely a piece of equipment in the line is on the fritz.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

Sometimes my server screen is blank. Usually I hit quick connect (to last server) on the log in screen and this bypasses it.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes my server screen is blank. Usually I hit quick connect (to last server) on the log in screen and this bypasses it.
If you're using wireless this can happen more often.

Also if you're on a shared connection make sure nobody is rinsing the bandwidth at max capacity.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If quick connect works, you probably wouldn't have gotten a blank server screen. It goes through all the same motions of retrieving the server list and making sense of what servers are available (it has to, since the client uses non-permanent id numbers that come with the server list to say which server it's trying to connect to, rather than the server's name).

As far as the OP issue (linux, probably on wifi) from a year ago that someone randomly resurrected the thread to give advice that's already available on the first page: there's a known workaround. (And a newer version with a Windows build that may or may not have an effect on similar issues there.)
Old 06-12-2016, 05:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're using wireless this can happen more often.

Also if you're on a shared connection make sure nobody is rinsing the bandwidth at max capacity.
My bandwidth sucks to begin with. My daughter's don't help the matter. It does happen often.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If quick connect works, you probably wouldn't have gotten a blank server screen.
Generally speaking, I have better luck connecting via quick connect. I get more error messages connecting on the server screen than I do bypassing it. Often times I get to the character screen and it tells me my files are out of date. I exit back to the login screen and try again. Taking a while to log in is classic. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2016, 12:01 PM
Orc

Hey op here, for what its worth I was wired directly. Know this thread is mad old but I just got a random email
Old 07-07-2016, 12:59 AM
Large Bat

ya same thing here. done everything i can think of, nothing... anyone ever resolve this issue legitimately?
Old 07-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Large Bat

Someone killt the internets.