Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 04:14 PM
Aviak

Default What's up with people who claim camps despite being 15-20 minutes from said camp

Yet again, an FoH group claims efreeti despite not even being past Lillypads. Shouldn't come as much of a surprise considering the guild's track record but I'm a fool.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:16 PM
Decaying Skeleton

This is why I learned to stop using camp checks. They only work against you. If you want to get a camp your best bet is quietly moving towards it.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Nothing prevents someone from trying to claim something.If you want to beat them to the camp without training them and get FTE the camp is yours. But crying on rants iand flames for something this pathetic is pretty sad. Someone said something in CC. Oh you poor dear.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I learned a long time ago to not use camp checks on P99. They only work against you. 90% of the time if you just sneak up and look at the camp you're after, you'll realize it's vacant. As soon as you announce CC and someone doesn't respond to the camp you want, someone else will get the bright idea that the camp is theirs.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:26 PM
Banned

What you do is type /ooc fuck off
Old 09-27-2020, 04:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing prevents someone from trying to claim something.If you want to beat them to the camp without training them and get FTE the camp is yours. But crying on rants iand flames for something this pathetic is pretty sad. Someone said something in CC. Oh you poor dear.
RnF is the perfect place to talk about shitty etiquette, given this constitutes both a rant and a flame. Don't worry though, my feelings are intact. Also, there's no such thing as "saying in CC". Try reading a book (or EverQuest chat).
Old 09-27-2020, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

I do a CampCheck when I enter a zone is 99% of the time if I'm going for a specific camp.
Whether people respond they're camping it or not, I go check it out.

Remember CC is a courtesy from both parties not a requirement.
But here is why I tend to do it.

So I show up at the camp and no one is there, mobs are up.
I take that camp and then when that other people shows up I tell them I'm camping it, the mobs were up and no one was here.

---
Leapfrogging is super lame but allowed on p99. If they're still not past lillypads, you can use their clear to that camp to take that camp before they can take it. Expect them to get upset and maybe even petition. As per the rules they're not camping it and as per the Play Nice Policy they've already violated that by publicly claiming a camp they're not camping.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah so what should happen is:
Someone: CC
Fires of Heaven: We're heading to Efreeti
You: OK I won't be a dick and try to get there before them.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDerisgreat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RnF is the perfect place to talk about shitty etiquette, given this constitutes both a rant and a flame. Don't worry though, my feelings are intact. Also, there's no such thing as "saying in CC". Try reading a book (or EverQuest chat).
But this is really minor/petty bullshit. but i might add this is one of the reason why some people don't even fuck with CC. Why do a CC/respond to one when someone is just going to talk shit about you for doing it? Oh they didn'tproeperly format their claim on the efreeti. Big fucking deal.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But this is really minor/petty bullshit. but i might add this is one of the reason why some people don't even fuck with CC. Why do a CC/respond to one when someone is just going to talk shit about you for doing it? Oh they didn'tproeperly format their claim on the efreeti. Big fucking deal.
Had they not replied to a CC with the intention of dissuading others into attempting a camp they were not actively camping or clearing, maybe they wouldn't get called out for being hacks. Just a thought.
Closed Thread