Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude wants to buy the best DPS weapon in the game, and best twinking item in the game for like 8 months, one that doesn't even require getting another 20K+ FBSS. Dude is a cheap and bad, prolly from teal who missed his chance to buy from the idiots on that sever who had no idea he value of anything in vanilla.
Some Teal players valued having lives outside of a 21-year-old video game emulator. I'm sure your parents are so proud of you trying to price gouge for some pixels in a video game, but I'd bet they'd be even more proud if you acquired a real currency that actually has real value so you could pay rent and move out of their basement.
Last edited by TripSin; 01-27-2020 at 09:15 PM..
Old 01-27-2020, 09:24 PM
Kobold

DMN I think you're lost, RNF is the other link. Also your dumb ass must've missed the part where I said this thread isn't about a mith 2hander. Guess we can stop posting here now that the trash let itself in...
Old 01-27-2020, 09:25 PM
Aviak

WHAT I dont get a free mith 2her 5 months before kunark????
Old 01-27-2020, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydgun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DMN I think you're lost, RNF is the other link. Also your dumb ass must've missed the part where I said this thread isn't about a mith 2hander. Guess we can stop posting here now that the trash let itself in...
Save your money and you will get a mith some day. Crybing about it in general server forum sin't going to get you one. And your thread is the one that belongs in RnF buddy.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:31 PM
Sarnak

What?

You mean to tell me Everquest has a crap economy?

I didn't know this 20 years ago! Crazy!
Old 01-27-2020, 10:25 PM
Kobold

Was just running through EC

50K for a full set of Rubicite
Old 01-27-2020, 10:25 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dude wants to buy the best DPS weapon in the game, and best twinking item in the game for like 8 months, one that doesn't even require getting another 20K+ FBSS. Dude is a cheap and bad, prolly from teal who missed his chance to buy from the idiots on that sever who had no idea he value of anything in vanilla.
Aren't you the same fucking moron who has an entire thread about Efreeti rings being too expensive when they're also the best ring and the game and an item that also doesnt instantly disintegrate in value in 8 months? You piece of shit.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't you the same fucking moron who has an entire thread about Efreeti rings being too expensive when they're also the best ring and the game and an item that also doesnt instantly disintegrate in value in 8 months? You piece of shit.
That item I constantly use on my necromancer on velious/blue? The rings are good but not that good. There are nearly as good items as they are but cheap as dirt, which is the problem. if we used the same logic as djarn rings usefulness to a character versus one who could equip a mith, mith would run 934918639688364869398463694683681964913264369823 platinum.Go back to blue or keep dreaming about teal.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^
This is true. Some games are able to control inflation by built-in mechanisms to remove large swaths of currency in the game. If anyone has played the Elder Scrolls Online, trading spots in that game are auctioned off weekly for player guilds to bid over. To get a choice trading location in the game, guilds would spend exorbitant sums of money to acquire. This removes that much currency from the game, and the market can stay at an equilibrium. EQ has never had this, and it's why servers that have been up for a long time (ex. Firiona Vie on live) have high-end items going for 12-15 million platinum.
But the problem is the effects are wrong based on what everyone says. Or.. were wrong on Blue. I guess we'll see on Green.

The problem is that as people level up mid range items become more common and the only people who need them are people with less money who haven't played as much. This has a massive DEflationary effect on the economy. This is why on Blue you can buy a full kit that would be fine for level 50-55 level content for easily under 10k. Despite no where for plat to go, inflation only exists in limited ways in p99.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL this thread got juicy fast!