Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

...and he's like omg I've been shot and then he looks over to see Kyle Rittenhouse eating one of his salami slices.
Old 09-27-2020, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In Is God A Moral Monster it's argued that Joshua describes his battles using “ancient Near Eastern exaggeration rhetoric. Like his ancient Near Eastern contemporaries, Joshua used the language of conventional warfare rhetoric.”

In the later fifteenth century (BC so its backwards remember hehe) Tuthmosis III could boast “the numerous army of Mitanni was overthrown within the hour, annihilated totally” but, historically the forces of Mitanni lived to fight many another day, in the fifteenth and fourteenth centuries… meaning annihilated totally = exist as an empire for another 200 years.

Under "Ancient Near East Warfare Rhetoric" theory, the language "Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey." is exaggeration. God is not actually expecting or commanding Saul to hunt down every last living thing under every tree and kill them all. Instead, God's purpose is that their entire society (their religion and immoral practices) would be destroyed.

The language "utterly destroy" is often referred to as an act of worship to God. That is, by removing the religion and practices which directly oppose God, they are offering sacrifice to God.

Just as we might say that a sports team “blew their opponents away” or “slaughtered” or “annihilated” them, the author (editor) likewise followed the rhetoric of his day.

The fact is, Youtube & biblical scholars have allowed themselves to be swept away by the upbeat, rhetorical element present in Joshua, a persistent feature of most war reports in ancient Near Eastern sources that they are not accustomed to understand and properly handle.

(edit: that said maybe the bible is a horcrux and once you figure out the correct meaning behind the words it will unlock a new doorway, what do I know!)

Edit edit: But for context of this thread? Self defense, does not mean traveling to a riot and shooting people. Hope some thing, any of this, helps someone see the light!

Love thy neighbor, keep the sabbath, follow the 10 commandments. That is all, then the rest is easy! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Moses went out of his way to kill an Egyptian that was mistreating a Hebrew: exodus 2 11-14

11 And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.

12 And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.

13 And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow?

14 And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known.

We can draw some parallels and dichotomys between Moses and Rittenhouse

1. Rittenhouse went to Kenosha = Moses went to Goshen
2. Neither Moses nor Rittenhouse went there looking for a fight
3. Moses witnesses an injustice and kills and hides the Egyptians body. Rittenhouse stops a dumpster fire and is attacked by a mob (kills 2 in self defense)
4. Both were unmarried, both were male, both were young
5. Moses tries to hide his actions while Rittenhouse turns himself in
6. Moses was rich and powerful, Rittenhouse is poor

My 2 conclusions are; it is impossible to read the biblical account above and think that Moses killing the Egyptian was simply figurative. Additionally I find it difficult to think Moses was justified in his killing, while Rittenhouse is not.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
God has already killed everyone on this particular planet with a flood mind you. planet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2lJUOv0hLA&t=7789s The man who made this video I think hit the nail on the head on how this event was described. As the planet warmed the Sumerians were forced to migrate further inland over generations with no end in sight at the time.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Imagine living in the most technologically advanced society in the history of Earth and believing a supernatural, omnipotent deity exists. Total yikes.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:27 PM
Banned

haha police killing black people good thread
Old 09-27-2020, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha police killing black people good thread
Wait. No. This is specifically about one white guy killing two white guys and injuring a third white guy. It was a totally 100% White Guy crowd. It was over in White Guy county, Whiteville I think.

If there are any people in this thread talking about police killing black people I want to apologize on their behalf and they should get their own police killing black people thread.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine living in the most technologically advanced society in the history of Earth and believing a supernatural, omnipotent deity exists. Total yikes.
There is an omnipotent deity that exists, group consciousness.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:41 PM
Banned

GUYS WHO WANTS TO COME WITH ME AND DEFEND SOME PROPERTY FROM RIOTERS
(lol)
Old 09-27-2020, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're down with technology that means you're down with science which means you're down with statistics and no matter how much you slice that pie the statistics will tell you there is much higher chance of you not knowing what you don't understand than there is of you knowing what you don't understand, less even of understanding it in the first place.

The Rumsfeld Theorem holds that for you to be able to prove or disprove the existence of a deity, you need to know what you don't know. The Aristotelian Principle holds that a thing cannot at the same time be and not be.

If you want to dress up the mystery in scripture and prophesy, that's funny. But if you want to deny God, you're betting against the house.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GUYS WHO WANTS TO COME WITH ME AND DEFEND SOME PROPERTY FROM RIOTERS
(lol)
Only if it's your property. I'm assuming there is a guesthouse and some kind of endless pool. I'm not defending some ghetto basement.

(Although strictly speaking if Stalingrad taught us anything it's that basements are pretty good defensive positions, usually requiring 3kg of satchel charge to clear out.)
Closed Thread