Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Earlier tonight there was a yellow text "Congratulations" to the first L50 Iksar. This makes a complete mockery of the "naturally" argument is this monk rather obviously is a shared toon who's been PLd non-stop since Kunark dropped. How a 24-hour a day PL of a shared toon is in any way even slightly less exploitive than Mannastone's scheme escapes me entirely. In fact the reverse is argued trivially (account sharing was bannable at this point in the classic timeline).
In the right zone with the right items, I could see it feasibly happening. If you had a red dragon tooth / white dragon tooth and went to dreadlands and did yetis for hours and hours on end you could easily gain like 30 levels on day one, maybe more.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:12 AM
Banned

Whos the highest level on Green right now?
Old 11-11-2020, 10:19 AM
Banned

57 cleric Bayleigh
Old 11-11-2020, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
57 cleric Bayleigh
57 in under a week? How many people playing that account?
Old 11-11-2020, 11:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
57 in under a week? How many people playing that account?
probably just one. Probably a cleric duoing bear pits...
Old 11-11-2020, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
probably just one. Probably a cleric duoing bear pits...
Yup. People automatically assume account sharing but I don’t think they realize how fast you can level in terms of total days if you simply care more about the game than being healthy.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

I fail to understand why so many of you bitch about Castle's plan on getting 60?

He's just gone all the way with something every one of us has done with lightstones, crushbone belts and pads, goblin ears, bone chips, bottles of wine, etc. Except he managed to find quest(s) that will reward his toon up to level 60. what's the big deal about that?

Kudos to you Castle for coming up with that one and managing to get enough quest iems to ding 60 😁 can't wait for you to do so and to watch your video

Then again, please enlighten me

What's so classic & legit about getting a char on a shared account played 24/7 by a bunch of poopsockers PLed by another crew of more poopsockers in what's considered the best xp camp of every huge ZEM zone?

Is that what EQ is about? I guess by the time I write this post there will be a couple lvl 60 chars... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2020, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I fail to understand why so many of you bitch about Castle's plan on getting 60?
Castle2.0's only goal is to exploit P99 so he can record it happening and get the game unclassicly changed. Then he will hold his achievement up high like a trophy and laugh at anyone who suffers due to his actions. His signature is proof of this to begin with.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-11-2020, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Castle2.0's only goal is to exploit P99 so he can record it happening and get the game unclassicly changed. Then he will hold his achievement up high like a trophy and laugh at anyone who suffers due to his actions. His signature is proof of this to begin with.
Old 11-11-2020, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TIL that completing in-game quests is an exploit
Its very interesting to me how everything is so black-and-white and absolute to EQ nerds.

You are "exploiting" dozens of free accounts that would never have been possible in "classic." You are "exploiting" the fact that modern hardware can handle hundreds of corpses when in "classic" it would bog down the zone and GMs would probably come and just delete the corpses.

What's ridiculous is how the players act as if the developers of P99, ya know, the guys who actually code it and deal with it technically, know absolutely -nothing- about "classic" EQ. The...."entitlement" is fucking ridiculous.

No, completing in-game quests is -not- an "exploit." "Exploiting" modern conveniences 20 years later is....an "exploit." Which is why its an..."exploit" and not a "bug."

And at the end of the day the devs can enforce "spirit" of classic. They can cherry pick whose "not classic" name that is /petitioned to change. They can do whatever the hell they want.

What's even funnier to me is how much everyone bitches but..............you're still playing this fucking game all god damn day. No matter what.

Again, nub toons who wanted quest XP, go ahead and thank players like Manastone for why you can't have nice things. Go ahead and thank......"the players" for the state of the ~~~rAiD sCeNe~~~.

The devs are just stuck here dealing with everyone's bullshit while they are running a pet project everyone can play for free. Its still the best "classic" server. And you're all still playing. And writing on these stupid fucking forums too lol ffs

<The A-Team>
Closed Thread