Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Default Fishing / Saltwater Seaweed

I've never done Fishing before, but heard Fishing Poles can break, is this true?

Exactly how many Poles, how much Grub, and skill level in Fishing should I have in order to be able to get 2 Saltwater Seaweeds?
Old 10-10-2018, 04:16 AM
Planar Protector

They do break, and the gnomish ones can break too (thought I'd beat the system and buy a gnomish one thinking it couldn't happen).
Old 10-10-2018, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

I never had my fishing rod boken. Lost a few lures tho. I do not recommend fly fishing.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:51 AM
Banned

I friggin broke my EB fishing pole from SG learning this the hard way....
Old 10-10-2018, 10:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly how many Poles, how much Grub, and skill level in Fishing should I have in order to be able to get 2 Saltwater Seaweeds?
6 poles and 13 stacks of bait. Not sure on the skill, but the higher the it is the less sandals you catch.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never done Fishing before, but heard Fishing Poles can break, is this true?

Last time I did that quest, at 170 skill, I spent 1h fishing to get two and my pole had to be replaced two times, did it at BB docks, so fishing vendors is at docks so it's no problem replacing anything.

I think used another four poles doing the karana fishing part, but that was only because I wanted two stacks of eggs for the future. (only need 1 (2) for the quest)

The BB Seeweed part feels super random while the karana feels skill based
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 10-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Aviak

Damn, i was all excited. I was expecting a real fishing thread.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Fire Giant

I was in OOT trying to forage a quest item and went ahead and fished there. It took between 1/2 hour to an hour to get two. Wasn't terrible. The vendor on sister isle sells fishing poles. I went through about 2-3 and a little less than two stacks of bait.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Damn, i was all excited. I was expecting a real fishing thread.
Same. Feelsbadman. I remember getting out my fishing pole in City of Mist all the time much to everyone's delight and surprise. KEEP FISHING ALIVE!
Old 10-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Orc

I like to fish and take the boat and waste time not really doing anything...

As a result, I spend a good bit of time sitting at the BB docks waiting for the boat. Yesterday, I got and destroyed a couple of dozen saltwater seaweeds while waiting for the boat. My fishing skill is 190 though, not certain how much of a difference that makes...
Closed Thread