Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Orc

We are trying to recreate the classic experience, not recreate classic live. The entire idea is to make a server we love to play on that is better than the live one. I believe guildwars should be mandatory for raiding guilds. My reasoning is this, we have all seen how easily rotations are broken as well as people bending the rules, so why not make it more fair for people to have a chance at redemption by fighting for it. If you want to experience the content, you shouldn't have it handed to you. Sooner or later keeping this a pure blue server will be boring for a lot of people. We have already seen the content once for a majority of us. So either we make mandatory guildwars for disputes that last a meaningful time period, or we just hold each others hand and quit after we get burnt out. I for one would rather choose the first option. There are several ways to implement guildwars and warring.

First, guildwars could be mandatory for all guilds that raid and the pvp style of such war could be +-5 lvls which would make things a lot more fair than a majority of other pvp games.

If this seems like you are being forced to compete instead of abuse a system by camping people then you could always make any disputes that occur via petitioning be met with guildwars for a certain period of days.

If that is not good enough then just have the /guildwar command and enjoy as people talk crap and whine about how pvp is full of haters. There is nothing you can do, but at least having the option would be fun.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:04 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First of all, some of you don't realise what a pure /guildwar command will be like.. It will be fun for maybe a few days then will suck because guilds will walk around with groups of clerics outside their guild rezzing healing and buffing their members, people will /guildremove at the first sign of possibly dying and then be unkillable, etc.. it will just plain suck. I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamika [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please don't have guildwar, it will inevitably lead to innocent bystanders being griefed.
lol think of the children!

That always pissed me off no matter what MMO these kind of people turn up in.

In august 2008 on the warhammer alliance forums, you had a horde of people who were trying to convince the devs to not implement a single server with FFA pvp on it, although they themselves would never participate in it.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:05 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauremore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First, guildwars could be mandatory for all guilds that raid
This is not a fucking pvp server, get this idea out of your head guys. This is purely optional, but I want to make it desirable to do.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First of all, some of you don't realise what a pure /guildwar command will be like.. It will be fun for maybe a few days then will suck because guilds will walk around with groups of clerics outside their guild rezzing healing and buffing their members, people will /guildremove at the first sign of possibly dying and then be unkillable, etc.. it will just plain suck. I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
I understand. And this is why there is the pvp/non pvp debate. People that don't pvp do so because they don't like the risk vs reward. However, there will be a time when raiding content by poopsocking and training people with a macro that states you are pulling will get boring and piss people off. So why not make a guildwar command that can be used to alleviate this and have gms enforce terms.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Banned

Roge and laure are right, if you listen to the OMG THE SERVER WILL BE FUCKED WITH PVP then only these people will remain after a while because youve seen the content. Then they will bitch that there isnt enough people on the server and leave.

Its good long term thinking on the part of devs to think about adding a little spice to the server, an extra that nobody is forced to participate in, that they might even like if they gave it a try.

Thats my opinion anyway.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not a fucking pvp server, get this idea out of your head guys. This is purely optional, but I want to make it desirable to do.
hey Rogean - as someone who always has and still hates PvP, I'd like to suggest something. I believe PvE EQ was always good because it tried to do opt-in PvP with the priest of discord (as well as the arena/dueling etc. but lots of MMO's do that), trying to make everyone happy even on a PvE server. Unfortunately people don't want to hand in the tome because they can't be healed or buffed by non-PvP players, so they become virtually useless. I think if you make it bannable to camp the priest of Order or something, can you make it so that going "red" makes you PvP but still able to be healed by non-PvP people? Normally I puke when people suggest things like this that aren't classic, but virtually NO ONE in classic turned in the book because of the insane restriction on it, and for a lot of people the "classic experience" involved PvP. I think this has the unique benefit of making everyone happy and stopping the pro-PvP people from whining all the time.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Watch your fucking tone young man
Old 09-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauremore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe guildwars should be mandatory for raiding guilds.
Quote:
And there lies the middle ground. When guilds are bored of waiting for hours and hours for mobs to spawn, maybe they will on their own decide to have friday nights pvp raid battles just because it would be awesome. Not because they are forced to do it.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey Rogean - as someone who always has and still hates PvP, I'd like to suggest something. I believe PvE EQ was always good because it tried to do opt-in PvP with the priest of discord (as well as the arena/dueling etc. but lots of MMO's do that), trying to make everyone happy even on a PvE server. Unfortunately people don't want to hand in the tome because they can't be healed or buffed by non-PvP players, so they become virtually useless. I think if you make it bannable to camp the priest of Order or something, can you make it so that going "red" makes you PvP but still able to be healed by non-PvP people? Normally I puke when people suggest things like this that aren't classic, but virtually NO ONE in classic turned in the book because of the insane restriction on it, and for a lot of people the "classic experience" involved PvP. I think this has the unique benefit of making everyone happy and stopping the pro-PvP people from whining all the time.
Why do that when you can create a guildwar command and make it optional for 90% of the situations except certain scenarios. Also once you guildwar it stays on for a set period of time. You cant take it off and all of your guild members are tagged red, period, end of discussion. Otherwise it will be pointless. So you either think about guildwars and the fact you will be red for say, 10 days or you don't do it at all imo.
Closed Thread