Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 05-20-2023, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a great place to farm spell research stuffs.
Like these rapturebros are fricking smart dudes they are full of high lvl research.

Butt ya I like distinction of classes and agree.

Ench should only be able to charm what they are naturally or illusioned into. There should be outdoors special druid stuff where they just rule.

There should be really high dps low hp mobs that wizards are king at fighting. Or really high ac mobs that are hard to melee. Conversly there should be mobs warriors excell at fighting like strong melee low hp/ac so warriors can leverage their mitigation.

Also the lack of spider pets is a shame.

More places like super dog said for special spells like beguile plants and defoliation designed around exping with those spells.

Insert we got 3 lackluster raid tiers and zones and veashans peak.
Old 05-20-2023, 11:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like these rapturebros are fricking smart dudes they are full of high lvl research.

Butt ya I like distinction of classes and agree.

Ench should only be able to charm what they are naturally or illusioned into. There should be outdoors special druid stuff where they just rule.

There should be really high dps low hp mobs that wizards are king at fighting. Or really high ac mobs that are hard to melee. Conversly there should be mobs warriors excell at fighting like strong melee low hp/ac so warriors can leverage their mitigation.

Also the lack of spider pets is a shame.

More places like super dog said for special spells like beguile plants and defoliation designed around exping with those spells.

Insert we got 3 lackluster raid tiers and zones and veashans peak.
Lol. Yea I guess raptors are smart, but I agree with most of what you said.
Old 05-20-2023, 11:09 PM
Planar Protector

I mean... we missed out on the granularity of having a class that specializes in hunting zombies or ghosts

Or druids specializing in an animal type too... this is how I would design a game...there would be one specific type you excel at dealing with and all the lore and at least a place or two to go. Then you would want to team or at least just be average to at being at a disadvantage vs other types.

Some special areas would incentivize bringing a diverse group. They would be entirely bonus tho as the rest of the game would deliver a full spectrum of content for both the witch and witchhunters. The swordsaints or duelists and the armored warriors. Etc...
Old 05-20-2023, 11:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I mean... we missed out on the granularity of having a class that specializes in hunting zombies or ghosts

Or druids specializing in an animal type too... this is how I would design a game...there would be one specific type you excel at dealing with and all the lore and at least a place or two to go. Then you would want to team or at least just be average to at being at a disadvantage vs other types.

Some special areas would incentivize bringing a diverse group. They would be entirely bonus tho as the rest of the game would deliver a full spectrum of content for both the witch and witchhunters. The swordsaints or duelists and the armored warriors. Etc...
Yeah I agree. More unique class playstyles would have made the game feel so much larger. As it is right now too many classes play the same. Not as bad as WoW, but still not very diverse playing experiences.
Old 05-21-2023, 11:19 AM
Banned

This change was correct

How it got fast tracked in, and the circumstances were the problem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-23-2023, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the story behind why the TD raptors were made uncharmable? Too many petitions put in for hogging the mobs? Strange why they made it uncharmable. As far as I know they were charmable in EQ classic era and are still charmable on live.
The patch notes you pasted are from Luclin era, so that would answer your question.

As an aside, I would lol if the staff saw this patch note and reverted corpses to completely classic as a result:

"- NPC and PC corpses can now be /considered to find out how long until
they decay, and PC corpses additionally tell you how long you have to
resurrect them
- The timer for corpses is now seven days for any corpse over level
five, whether the player is on-line or off-line or any combination of
the two"