Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-24-2023, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The locked mob encounters just gave such an empty feeling to the world in eq2, it didnt take long for people to jump ship to wow. Think wow had a 5 day trial and within first few hours, we jumped ship from eq2 and never went back.

That was a tempting option. Only fun was to be in a server dominant guild. I don't mean for "sadism" reasons (but of course that was also true) but, it did require a good and tight roster, usually very few "extras," good cross-server recruiting, and (for me) open competitive no-limit bidding in guildchat.

We just rotted stuff. Sold LR stuff. And, some guilds I was in, one in particular, weekly splits were massive.

That's my only counter-point. For 3-5 years if you were in a competitive guild it was pretty fun. But that's mandatory batphone. Must maintain 80% attendance rate. If you fall bellow that your points get frozen. To avoid DKP imbalance, one a month dkp adjustment for all current 80% players. Don't save too long!

I think it worked. It just sucked to not be the freaky people.

I never even needed a phone call. I could ... sense .... the spawns.
Old 04-28-2023, 06:00 AM
Planar Protector

So. Two questions. On this upcoming TLP:

A: Considering it might be messed up, what single class would you pick if your aim was to do all three of these following goals, classic through cats:
  1. Witness closely and share mightily in whatever tale of woe and/or madness that classic-cats might or might not issue upon this server.
  2. Be able to instigate, and in general greatly worsen whatever this tale of woe and/or madness might (or might not) regularly be about.
  3. Largely evade being suspected or found responsible.
B: And, what single class would you pick if your aim was to do all three of these following goals, classic-cats:
  1. Same as above
  2. Be able to halt, or in general greatly mitigate whatever this tale of woe might or might not regularly be about.
  3. No one ever finds you responsible for anything. Half the guild thinks you're someone's alt.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Cool

The other real cool thing about EQ2 is that you can actually play a faerie person with really pretty wings for sure. And also vampires too? Maybe.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs down

A. Mobk Mage or necro
B. Cleric or druid

There i answered ¹

Probably mage

And druid (today)
Old 04-29-2023, 08:38 AM
Kobold

People praise these TLPs but you can buy a pay to win potion to help you level faster. Lol uhhhhh
Old 04-29-2023, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The other real cool thing about EQ2 is that you can actually play a faerie person with really pretty wings for sure. And also vampires too? Maybe.

Oh you played? I rolled on of those races too for an alt. Game was getting a weee bit boring. They removed the avatars. That is when I said goodbye. If your guild can't own every avatar on the server, for months on end, what's the point ya know?
Old 04-29-2023, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A. Mobk Mage or necro
B. Cleric or druid

There i answered ¹

Probably mage

And druid (today)

Hmm, Mage I see. Oh yes lol. Necro. But, does a Necro meet requirement 1 of the first 3? See, I mean, you can be on a raid, or in a group, and you would have the ability to cause misery and be a part of it. That's requirement 1.

I am asking folks to be diabolical [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I AM NOT GOING TO ROLL THIS TYPE.

I hadn't considered a druid for the second role -- that of being able to negate, frustrate, or even turn the tables on, troublemakers. Cleric is too labor intensive for me. I'm retired.

Never played a druid. Yup.

Still gonna roll an enchanter call it Forgodssakenerfme
Old 04-29-2023, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Druids are evac classes correct?

Any class that can evac immediately becomes interesting.

Being mobile is likely going to be a big plus. Again, I'm operating under the assumption the server is going to be a rollicking good mistake. Creating havoc then evacing your group, sounds like a ... wait I said I was going to be good.
Old 05-23-2023, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-23-2023, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

EQ 2 still exists?