Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 05-23-2023, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanifac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm so here for a Kunark only server. Or just let me roll Iksar at classic launch, lock us all on Continent with no softskins. Shit, I'd be happy with a server that just started at Kunark launch on the normal timeline. Let us experience that new server rush with no twinking as Iksar. That's classic enough.
no
Old 05-23-2023, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

Extra spell slots is not QoL, it's a change to the balance of the game. The 8 slot limit is a tactical factor.
Old 05-23-2023, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Custom UIs, spell sets, pet window, extra spell slots... those come to mind. Is that too much to ask or does that boggle the purist mind too much?
I'm good with all of those other than spell slots. But I still wonder if you start with those QoL improvements where do you stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Extra spell slots is not QoL, it's a change to the balance of the game. The 8 slot limit is a tactical factor.
This.
Old 05-23-2023, 08:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderenter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm good with all of those other than spell slots. But I still wonder if you start with those QoL improvements where do you stop.

This.
Fine, no extra spell slots. Good now? Or should the P99 team only create what the Purists want?

Anything else? Perhaps we should be forced to play with 56K connections?
Old 05-23-2023, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fine, no extra spell slots. Good now? Or should the P99 team only create what the Purists want?

Anything else? Perhaps we should be forced to play with 56K connections?
The entire goal of the project was classic Everquest. It seems like you don't want to play classic eq, and that's fine. No one is forcing you to.

There's a new TLP server every year with all the QoL you are wanting.
Old 05-23-2023, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderenter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The entire goal of the project was classic Everquest. It seems like you don't want to play classic eq, and that's fine. No one is forcing you to.

There's a new TLP server every year with all the QoL you are wanting.
I see, so you don't want any QoL features. And you believe they should only keep the servers and/or server features currently available. So, basically no new servers is what you want. Correct?
Old 05-23-2023, 08:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Myself, I would love to have things like guild managment gui's, etc, etc. Otherwise, stuff that actually changes the balance of the game I can do without. *There* is a separation between QOL changes, and fundamental gameplay changes. I would love graphical uplift, QOL changes, etc.
Old 05-23-2023, 10:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
QoL can be a slippery slope. How do you define it? Should there be no XP loss on death? No corpse recoveries? Pets can zone with you and remain through invis/ivu? Server wide chat channels? 'Mail' items and coin to players/Auction house? No more spell research or dropped spells, just buy them all at a npc?

What about instancing for every zone?
Lets not pretend that P99 is some pure chaste classic experience, server management has made TONS of subjective, opinion based changes to mechanics based on their feelings of what they FEEL is classic spirit (rooted dragons, life tap nerf, etc etc).

If we're going to change things in that manner, then why not do things that are truly in the classic spirit, like fixing bugs to classic items or mechanics that were fixed during Luclin? These would be obvious changes that would have been done in era if the devs had the time to do so.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:52 AM
Planar Protector

Hell, I'd be happy with a shared bank slot and buff timers
Old 05-24-2023, 08:28 AM
Planar Protector

How about some DoT damage?