Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 05-01-2023, 06:12 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Advice on Gearing a Warrior

Hey everyone, I just started playing on the Green sever. Despite knowing warrior is very gear dependent I still wanted to roll one as my first character. I'm just looking for any advice on good starting gear as I start to level.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

HPs and DPS is all that matters at first. Basically have people in EC or WC cast DS and regen on you and it will be free power level.

5/55 rings
Orc fang earrings
Jarsath trident
Crystalline shortsword or lamentation
Treeweave tunic
Crust shell armor

Even all that gear will probably run you close to 1.5k. Which is pretty hard to get as a starving warrior.

Coming from someone that mained a barbarian warrior back on live, don’t do it. It’s a miserable slog unless you have really really good gear.

Monks seem to have all the advantage of a warrior and none of the disadvantages. I have been in groups many times where monks have been the main tanks without issue. The plus side to a monk is you can FD, sneak, and mend. Plus your DPS is way better. Additionally monks don’t seem to be as gear dependent.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Get a staff of battle for 300p. It'll be your best bang-for-the-buck 2 hander for a long time.

Don't worry about aggro weapon procs. You aren't going to have shit for dex untwinked. Your best bet is to kindly ask your group-mates to root mobs for you. Be the closest one whacking it and you will have aggro. By the time root breaks it should be stuck on you.
Old 05-02-2023, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

Warrior is such a great class. Extremely underrated. Weapon ratio is cheapest most important thing. After that shoot for haste of course. Ac/hp/resists should be some cheap effective stuff around.

Find a chanter and cleric
Old 05-02-2023, 03:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the advice, I'd like to add I'm still very low level (5) and looking for a group/guild to play with
Old 05-02-2023, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

My pro advice is if you're brand new to green and insist on playing a warrior, roll a troll warrior, and put all points into STR (you will do really good dps which will help you kill stuff faster).

Next, run your troll to The Feerrott (next zone over, the Ogre zone), and level near the entrance to Oggok. Focus on killing lizardmen and save their tails and meat. You can turn 4 tails in for a piece of leather armor, and meat into a 2 handed rusty weapon. You will have 100+ plat easy by level 5.

This method will net you the most amount of plat by this level. You can then run to EC (get a SOW) and get a good cheap weapon. Some good WAR weapons cost 100p and below. Weapons that will destroy old world content.

Once you get your weapon, go back to Feerrott and save another 100 plat or so and buy a whole set of banded armor.

In Short:
  • Roll Troll for regen
  • Do Feerrott Lizardman Quests
  • Buy Weapon in EC for 100p
  • Next Buy Full Set of Banded Armor for around 100p
  • Next Buy 5 AC / 55 HPS Rings (200p each)
  • Buy Orc Fang Ears (super cheap too)
  • Save 1500 plat for haste gloves
Last edited by skorge; 05-02-2023 at 03:51 PM..
Old 05-02-2023, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

100% what Toxigen said
Old 05-03-2023, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My pro advice is if you're brand new to green and insist on playing a warrior, roll a troll warrior, and put all points into STR (you will do really good dps which will help you kill stuff faster).

Next, run your troll to The Feerrott (next zone over, the Ogre zone), and level near the entrance to Oggok. Focus on killing lizardmen and save their tails and meat. You can turn 4 tails in for a piece of leather armor, and meat into a 2 handed rusty weapon. You will have 100+ plat easy by level 5.

This method will net you the most amount of plat by this level. You can then run to EC (get a SOW) and get a good cheap weapon. Some good WAR weapons cost 100p and below. Weapons that will destroy old world content.

Once you get your weapon, go back to Feerrott and save another 100 plat or so and buy a whole set of banded armor.

In Short:
  • Roll Troll for regen
  • Do Feerrott Lizardman Quests
  • Buy Weapon in EC for 100p
  • Next Buy Full Set of Banded Armor for around 100p
  • Next Buy 5 AC / 55 HPS Rings (200p each)
  • Buy Orc Fang Ears (super cheap too)
  • Save 1500 plat for haste gloves
This is pretty much S-tier advice. Staff of Battle can replace the super cheap weapons as you level up and the damage cap increases.

(someone may even just give you cheap weapons if you kindly explain you're a brand new player and its been rotting on their mule)
Old 05-03-2023, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

What are the 1500p haste gloves? Can pick up Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, 22% haste for 250.
Old 05-03-2023, 01:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are the 1500p haste gloves? Can pick up Silver Chitin Hand Wraps, 22% haste for 250.
Price variation Blue vs Green