Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

Default Pally Epic Questions

Working on my Pally’s Epic and have some questions outside what is in the wiki and hoping someone could help me out.

Would a lvl 34 Druid be able to track the Lich from above the caves or safely from the entrance to to the caves? Is this mob highly contested?

What is a good group combination to take down Lich? I have an enchanter that I figured I would do the turn in on but trying to figure out what else I’d need. Assuming a 60 warrior and a cleric but how much dps? Are there any good mobs in Everfrost that I could charm? I see a 50 rogue on the wiki that seems like it could be good.

For the Plane or Sky turn in. Are there any tricks to getting to island 4 or am I just going to have to tag along with a guild that does POS and hope they have some extra keys?

Thanks in advance and sorry for so many questions!

Barlu
Old 08-22-2020, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

As for tracking, I venture that you'd have better luck with Sense Summoned.
Old 08-22-2020, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

My 34 druid has tracked lich from on top if the river outside of the cave, so that's possible.

Not sure about the min group make up or required dps but I'd wager it could be done with a full group of 60s if you at least had a 60 war and cleric.
Old 08-23-2020, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

My experience:
* my level 53 Druid could not track Sullon McMoor from above the frozen river by the mountain. This is the most north that Lich or Miragul could be. My ranger had no issues seeing that swawn constantly. Consensus: It’s more reliable to use a pet tracker (even a lowbie) via /pet kill lich and look for the message or park a ranger. Charming a cougar or mammoth to pet track is a PITA.
* I had about two groups with a 59 ench tossing Rune 5 and bedlam. At 60 my pallies health never moved (that I can recall). Probably a one minute fight. Runes > heals. Bring peridots to donate.
* what level is the paladin? Between the soulfire clicks and aggro spells unless your lower level It might be a better solution. Can add random dps without fear of pingponging.
* rallying is easy with the Surefall port. Make a ruckus and get as many people as you can. Bind the Druid there and offer port outs for people who come.
* yep you will have to get to island 4. You will also have to have a person in the quest room for dialogue and plat handin to spawn your person. I’d suggest parking someone there (buyable key after port up) and camping the pally invis in the windmill. Just log back in after everyone is gone to avoid any issues of a raging murderbot NPC.

Gluck!
Old 08-23-2020, 11:12 PM
Kobold

Another way you could track with your druid is to charm a mammoth and type '/pet attack lich_of'; your pet will say he is attacking if up and nothing if not.

Keeping Ice of Velious off the streets of Norrath
Old 08-24-2020, 08:35 PM
Kobold

I did it with 7 peps. 60 war, 60 chanter, we had a cleric, a rouge, a monk, and a mage plus my pally. all above 50. it was an easy fight. i gave the chanter 20 dots and he gave me back like 10 or more but i just let him keep them. it was a while ago. that is the best i can remember.

we took the same group and did the hole mob too that day.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:46 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you all for the feedback!

I figured Pet Tracking would be the easiest way but wanted to avoid parking enchanter there but that may be the fastest way and I don’t play much these days anyway. Had also completely forgotten about the Surefall Port. Will make life a lot easier to rally the troops.

The Pally is only lvl 53 may not be the best solution for tanking the fight. I think I would prob be better off on my 60 enchanter based on the feedback given here so I can do the turn in and Runes.

Sounds like not too many HPs either if the fight was only a minute with a full group so optimistic I can rally troops to down it.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

You could also level a mage to 12 with a brazier of elemental summoning and a 2h (Like a Natures Wrath) and a short PL session in Kurns. Just dump that mage near the gate guards for Halas with a bag of malachite and pet track whenever you want.

Yes book of scale is droppable. Just make sure you loot all the pieces on the pally. Need the head and robe.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:33 PM
Sarnak

I tanked it at 56 on paladin with a 60 chanter with a guard pet, 60 i think shaman and a cleric. We didnt chain rune so it took a bit but we got it done. You can chain stun him with holy,normal stun and DW bracer if need be.