Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Default Questions for GMs/Guides to answer at convenience

Hello GMs and Guides (I will use GMs inclusive of guides in the rest of this post),

Obviously, anyone who logs into the forums and has read it since the last banning news announcement knows that there is a huge buzz related to the raid scene. Lots of ideas have been thrown out, but personally, I have felt that it is hard to understand how the GMs would support these ideas or what their intentions are related to the future of the server.

Therefore, I have created a list of questions I am numbering that you can answer in response if you have time and are not inconvenienced. I would hope that others might post questions that I could also edit and add to this thread. If the players on this server want to create an agreement for the future, it would be helpful to know the general "consensus" of what the GMs support without the population trying to warp what the GMs opinions/intentions are based off of sometimes cryptic communication.

1. Are GMs interested more in all capable guilds (those with level 60s) participating in a raid scene of equality where all mobs are passed around equally, or are they more interested in a raid scene where competition is the deciding factor, assuming everyone follows the current server rules. Perhaps do the GMs support both of these ideas, or is the biggest issue to figure out how to reduce the number of petitions when raids happen as well as the hostile nature that transcends onto the forums between guilds? What is an ideal raid scene for the GMs if there something I'm not touching on in this question?

1.5. Do GMs care if one guild dominates the server raid scene as long as they are playing within the rules of the server, or do the GMs want to mobs spread out more equally?

2. Are GMs willing to change server coded mechanics, such as variance or server raid mob repop frequency, with enough server population support, or do all agreements that players create need to work within the current coded mechanics of the server? How do non-classic features like variance tie into this?

3. Would GMs be willing to create a moderated section of the forum that would allow guild leaders and officers to discuss raid issues? I know a raiding section of the forums existed in the past, but it currently does not.

4. To what extent would any player supported agreement be enforced by the staff? If the players create a proposal that the majority of guilds support, will this be law under the GMs? Can we petition if a guild breaks this agreement?

5. What are the GMs' opinions on the Rants and Flames section of the website?

6. Any other clarity or issues you think are being overlooked by the server future debates that are taking place on the forums/in game would be helpful. I think most players would appreciate more information than less.

To players reading this thread
Please do not post any comments that negatively target any individual, guild, or the staff.

EDIT: GMs, I understand that most of you are busy and can take this post with a grain of salt. While it would be appreciated if you could elaborate on some of these questions I've raised,I understand if you choose not to. I just think a lot of players are looking for more clarity on the future of the server or are wondering some of these things.
Last edited by zanderklocke; 12-30-2013 at 04:36 PM..
Old 12-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

What is this? A personal interview attempt? Posts like this requesting a direct communication with the "gm" suck.

Here is your answer. And there are many others if you want to dig for it.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is this? A personal interview attempt? Posts like this requesting a direct communication with the "gm" suck.
Then gtfo.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Please define equity. To you does this mean: I am a person and therefore am entitled to anything anyone else has, OR does it mean effort in - reward out equity?
Old 12-29-2013, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please define equity. To you does this mean: I am a person and therefore am entitled to anything anyone else has, OR does it mean effort in - reward out equity?
I mean more so along the first. I was thinking in terms of equal number of mobs guaranteed to everyone. Will edit for clarity.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

I've got a great idea, lets have another 10 threads on this because people keep derailing them... gogogo!

I thought they were good questions, would love to see a response from the non-trolls.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Are GMs interested more in all capable guilds (those with level 60s) participating in a raid scene of equality where all mobs are passed around equally, or are they more interested in a fair raid scene where current competition is the deciding factor, assuming everyone follows the current server rules.
Wow, that questions not completely leading at all (you know a question is unbiased when it gives you two choices and only one of them is "fair").
Old 12-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

In order to get a better answer to your questions you should ask a specific GM, one GM isn't likely to speak for everyone.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, that questions not completely leading at all (you know a question is unbiased when it gives you two choices and only one of them is "fair").
Edited question to try to remove bias. I originally meant fair in the sense of people competing while following the rules...not fair as attributed to good or the correct solution. Removed "fair" and reworded question.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerSar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In order to get a better answer to your questions you should ask a specific GM, one GM isn't likely to speak for everyone.
My thought on this was that GMs have to speak as a collective when dictating rules or the future of the server. When a GM speaks, all other GMs must collectively support the ruling or decision the original GM made. Otherwise it would be like why talk to one GM when another GM will tell me something different and more favorable.

I was always under the impression that GMs have very well thought out posts that will be supported by the rest of the GMs. There aren't exactly any GMs that are "rogue" from the rest.

This was my thought process for not addressing this post to one particular GM.
Closed Thread