Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 05:03 PM
Aviak

Default Enchanter end game : raid and gear progression

Hello everybody,

I create this post because i am in a crucial point with my enchanter progression and his futur. And in this particular moment, i am desperate for your lights.
Sorry in advance if this subject was discussed in the past but i didnt see a confirmation to my interrogations.

To be short, i am lvl 39. Well stuff. I took my time, do the quest and farmed to have a certain confort.
=> 206 cha, clicky auto invis ring.
I choose enchanter for his solo abilities = charm, his group abilities = mez etc. I had a blast during this 39 lvl and to be full honest i didnt want to change one time my class with an other. The most important for me is the high skill cap in solo and group situation. Aoe mez, root, charm, i can nuke, refreshing buff on time etc... always something to do !

Now, my maccro are sets and i have the lvl 60 on head and ofc the end game raid.

I am worry about the interest of the enchanter class with his skill cap et precisly the end game gear. It's very important for me to evolve through my gear and thanks to my item, will be able to kill next lvl mob. BUT i have already + 200 cha and i am aware that my cha buff will complete my stats cap.
Of course, I see the point to have more mana : cast more spell and need hp if mez/charm break.
I made a list of must buy item sold in EC and i already know that i will have strong stats with those.

But I have the deep impression that i will solo everything i want with this items. The Doable boss for a high cap enchanter, i mean.

My question about solo/duo/group challenge

A kael/ToV stuff will allow me to get high challenge on certain part of the world in solo or in group ?
Or my best in slot item; Crown of King Tranix, Hierophant's Cloak etc.. will do everything a very well enchanter stuff can do already.

I ask you this question about the potential solo challenge because i read about the role of the enchanter in velious : a buff machine. He cant charm, just here for buff and tashan. It's not sexy at all !!!
Beside the pleasure of the collective challenge to play as a guild/group, i need an extra motivation, a personnal motivation. I like to do my job very well and get the items to help me do it. What is the use to get more stuff and have more mana in order to be... a better buffer ! So i looked upon the solo/duo challenge.

My question about raid objective

My stuff will help me to do a better job ? Like a melee well stuff will do higher dps so more effective.
And again, i know that the skill is the most important but gear progression also.

Now, depending of your anwers :i will reroll tank or puller and have a usefull role until the very very end game. And precisly a class with a gear progression : like a tank class who will need to get a certain item lvl to tank certain boss etc... or a melee dps who gets higher dps with his stuff.

My goal as in all mmo i played, is play on a very long time. If i see the end my skill/gear progression very quick with a lof of futur content in front of me, it will be very frustrated. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

THX A LOT FOR YOUR TIME.
Last edited by Whythewhy; 07-11-2016 at 05:11 PM..
Old 07-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Banned

best in slot drugs
Old 07-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

The problem with the raid scene is the raid scene, not the enchanter class. If the raid was actually crawling around through NTOV, for example, you'd be constantly debuffing and dispelling as flurries and other dragon guards were pulled every minute or two. You could be charming (hatchlings should be L46 and are not here) and that damage would be important since it would control how fast the raid could move. (Sadly, pretty much everything in Velious is mez immune, so no CC. IIRC this was fixed in Luclin).

However, the primary mode of competition on Project 1999 currently involves staring at the screen for 0-16 hours and then foot racing to the NPC in question hoping for yellow text. Having spent so much effort to obtain FTE, no one wants to wipe to a raid target ever, and so both Aftermath and Awakened are massive zergs who consistently bring twice the required numbers. TLDR: the Project 1999 raid scene is purely about pixels. No one really has fun, regardless of what class they play.

All of the Solo Artist Challenge stuff was done in Kunark gear by Maurice, Tecmos, and myself (and a few others). It turns out that Shaman with Puppet Strings are usually optimal for the Challenge, though, if that is your goal. A good set of raid gear would definitely help; it's up to you whether the hours of batphoning and tracking idiocy is worth it to you <shrug>
Old 07-12-2016, 01:58 AM
Aviak

Thx a lot for your return Raev. You exactly understood my point, it's very apprecitable. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks to your light, i understood how the content works.

So we have everquest classic with the plans / Kunark / Velious.

I you can confirm me an other point:
If i follow your point and all other info i read.
=> ALL THE PLACE is fun for the enchanter excepte certain part of Velious, specialy ToV.
So i will discover all the plans, do my epic quest, the content of Kunark, certain part of Velious ? as enchanter and do a fun job there. Not only buff.
I want to reduce the bad surprises.

I will maybe create an other char in parallel but the lvling and soloing is too munch fun as enchanter. It will be the first time of my mmo experience to have fun in leveling so it can worth it.

Ps : I was expecting that the actual guild will zerg the contents. The game is old, the players knows the content by heart but i didnt expect ONE BIT that sony, at the time, release a extension who resume a " skill class " to a " buff class ".
Closed Thread