Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a single person here has come to the realization that the server's capacity has reached its max with HIGH LEVEL CHARACTORS. Why don't we figure out a solution for that, it's only going to become more and more inflated with bloated head cases who hit max level and are expecting to raid.

(This is the only real problem that exists)

I actually realized that years ago and it was why I advocated against Chardok and later took part in a violent protest that ultimately led to the AoE cap and stopped the flood of high level alts. Not nearly in time, though.

I don't think people really have it in themselves to level more than 1 or 2 alts to 60 without substantial powerleveling. I had 3 60s in like 6 years which sucked the life out of me to level and killed my desire to play this game. That's a GOOD thing. It's self-limiting. Don't ever let Chardok AE come back.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2020, 02:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strifer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate saying it because it goes against the game, but maybe consider blue instance for raid zones.

The servers have had to implement non classic responses in the past due to raid guilds creating a shitshow of endgame which lets face it...is classic. Why not look into implementing instanced playgrounds that take out the toxic disputes between guilds, decrease the bureaucratic nightmare that has to be petitioning and Fraps that volunteers spend hours combing through to find infractions.

Its a hot take, a shitty one that nobody will agree with, but at the end of the day if we're reaching a point where major guilds are receiving indefinite suspensions because they keep trying to outshit the other, we gotta try something else. Keep Green the way it is, but clearly Blue needs a change and has set precidents that bend the classicness in order of semi raid stability.

I'll go get the cross ready to be crucified for this statement.
I'm pro instances as well. It's not controversial. The game stopped being classic the moment the servers stayed locked on Velious past the point of where Luclin and PoP should've been released. The entire point of an expansion for an MMO like EQ is to ferry end game players to the next goal and release content they've been keeping under their thumb so that players not in their guild can see content, if they want.

People who desire the classic EQ experience on P99 can go to green. The reset back to classic after Velious is what will keep green sustainable and fair for all that play.

Real drama will possibly start when the neck beards on green are moved back to blue after the three year server period, armed with tons of mana stones, holgresh beads, and other fun goodies. This alone, should be the reason for instances on the non the green servers as the top heavy drama on blue will be amplified when Velious on green comes to an end.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 10-28-2020, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...t=86584&page=3

Quote:
10-19-2012, 08:03 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My general opinion of Luclin as an expansion is that it will be skipped content wise. I'd rather not take any of the content that it introduced. Won't be using models, no horses.

How do people think of augments? Not exactly the same way that they were introduced with loy, but custom slots and different ways to get them.

We'll probably never have instancing, I destroyed that code a while ago.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

I mean to be fair I thought a lot of things would be different 8 years ago...and here we are.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

No matter what game you play, there is always gonna be folks who spend their lives being the best at it.. No way around it..... I'm tired of never being able to raid on p99 blue, or get any raid gear.. Almost everybody playing has more playtime than myself So, i've adjusted myself to Red as my new home, where i'm attempting to finish some more EQ goals, but also experience a server with a different set of rules, and it's highly enjoyable.. I'm not a pvp'er but the environment is super welcoming for me being casual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2020, 03:26 PM
Banned

Black server
level 60s only
transfers only
raid targets have 1-2 day respawns with 6 hour variants. all of them
zero GM intervention
Old 10-28-2020, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

How have you seen character written 1000s of times in your life and still misspell it. Please get fucked
Old 10-28-2020, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Tbey nedd to mek a server thats like +1000% exp required
Old 10-28-2020, 03:37 PM
Fire Giant

PROBABLY never have instancing? Neat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Would instancing crush blue 99 though? (Like what happened with Agnarr)? Granted we have a far superior product, I just wonder if it would be detrimental to server health.
Closed Thread