Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Aviak

Default Ranger - Panic Animal soloing?

My Ranger is now level 31 and I'm looking for good places to solo. All of the existing guides do not include information on using Panic Animal. I know that it works on Snow Cougars, and I've considered heading to Iceclad to try that out.

What other spots/mobs are good for Panic Animal soloing up to 50?
Old 11-08-2015, 03:49 PM
Aviak

Tigeraptors and tigersaurous in WL near the skyshrine zone sometime in the 40's. I'm not sure what level you could start without getting too many resists on the tigersaurous. By level 50 you're going to have too many greens (some with no exp) to be efficient.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

check druid charm guides, go to said zone, fear animals instead of charming!
Old 11-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Snow cougars are a good start, they drop a nice pair of earrings if you haven't sorted that slot out already.

It takes about fifty kills per level 31-33 there.

You may also want to try Mammoths in Everfrost, the xp won't be as good I imagine, but the drop good cash loot.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:41 PM
Large Rat

I'd do mammoths in EF to about 33 or whenever they green out, then do snow cougs in IC until about 38. At that point I did the dire wolves by EW bridge in IC until 42-44. They seem to go down a lot easier than anything in EW with a lot less danger of adds. After that you can try walrus by Kael in EW or go to Wakening and kill tigeraptors at SS zl.

Once you get 45 you can go to COM and if you can't get a group, go solo monkeys and various other animals in EJ. I'm 49 now and there are still a lot of blues but a lot of roaming shit there that sucks so be sure to pull to zone walls.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:09 AM
Sarnak

Alligators in the tunnel between the two "pools" in Cazic Thule. Rarely camped and great exp. Outdoors zone so SoW and Harmony works as well. Once you have broken the camp it is a great fear-kite camp for a ranger.

31-37 doable here. Just did it myself.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

`After that you can try walrus by Kael in EW or go to Wakening and kill tigeraptors at SS zl. `

you will find it very hard not to run out of mana during these fights.the fear is very short duration. the mobs have alot of hps.....a good haste item will help alot. low wis and no haste =recipe for tears.

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 11-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Panic animal is like 10 mana. just hit sit/stand between a few swings and you'll get lucky and med it back faster than you exhaust it.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeattk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you will find it very hard not to run out of mana during these fights.the fear is very short duration. the mobs have alot of hps.....a good haste item will help alot. low wis and no haste =recipe for tears.
Tolan's gaunts is mana free snare. Panic animal is 10 mana. You need to harmony to break the static spawns, but then you don't even need that. If you learn to time your fears, you should take very little damage. The named raptor does have some hp, but even he shouldn't really pose a problem to an upper 40's ranger. Mid 40's might have too many resists to handle him though.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

I've been trying to get some HQ tundra Kodiak pelts in EW. Snow cougars, tundra Kodiaks, mammoths, walrus and wooly rhinos are all animals. Wooly rhinos and snow griffons are just going green at 54 and easy kills.