Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Large Rat

Question Necro cash camps while leveling?

So I am 24 so far and managed to keep up to date on my major spells and buy a few pieces of gear here adn there and make myself some raw silk.

I am out in the Karana's trying to decide on hitting Cordelia until 29 or the Miller camp or a combo of both. Then at 29 heading to treants and staying there until I milk the hell out of them for all the plat I can fill out the rest of my gear slots. I have also heard that Toll both guards and WC druids are good to start on around 34.

For those that have done any of these camps which do you think would be the best cash camps for a pretty much untwinked necro?

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated it.

-Xarthale Droopytail
Old 04-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Aviak

I camped Cordelia until 28 or 29 and did Treants/PAW until 34. Right now I am in misty killing guards at 37. Cordellia isn't a good cash camp but she is a good exp camp. Treants and guards are good cash camps.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Toll booth guards are a pretty good exp camp around 34ish, but there is next to nothing for cash/loot. Occasional 5p fs sword or 2p shield. About 70% rusty weaps or empty corpse. I wouldn't go there for cash, but again the exp is decent and it's a ridiculously safe/easy camp.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

for my necro on red
I leveled 24-30 @ the sarnak fort in LOIO doing BoH, made about 30k (they are 10kish each on red)
30-39 @ goblin fort in warsliks doing gob skull earrings, made about 40k at 2k each
39-51 @ oot AC camp, made about 80k @ 4k each

sarnak fort might be tough at that level if you are not good at necro splitting, same with gob fort. ac is mad easy though, run him out into the water, fear, and let your pet do the work. its good, safe exp
and then imoved on to big boy camps
Old 04-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Fire Giant

I've posted this several times. While leveling I tend to avoid drops and focus on vendor trash as I found it more consistent.

Kurns 12-19 -sell bonechips, chance at Solist wand
Warsilik's Woods, Giant fort 19-29 -lots of vendor goods, chance at forest loop
South Karana, Treants 29-35 -easy 5-10k depending on your luck
West Commons, Druids 34-39 -almost always drop 2x fine steel and sometimes gems, vendor right there.
Oggok Guards and Feerrott/Oasis Specters 39-46 -guards always drop 6p worth of junk, specs can drop bronze scythe for 12p.
Grobb Guards 46-51 -always drops at least 11p worth of junk.
Felwithe Guards 51-54 -guards always drop at least 20p worth of junk.
Wakening Lands, Faerie Dragons and Goos 54-56 - drops quest gems, worth 100p-1.5k. Goos can drop 0-330p worth of junk each (gogo double sapphire necklace).
Wakening Lands, Sentient Armor 56+ -More quest gems (only ever seen 100p-500p variety) or armor (vendor for ~10p/sell for 100p with patience).

All of these spots have vendors either in zone or adjacent. None of them rely on one money drop. Consistent Exp/plat is the name of the game.

From 1-56 Visko has earned ~90k without selling anything big. There are other camps that work out well for their level (top of my head, ancient croc in upperguk) but I'll take consistent vendor trash over praying for drops/my bad luck.

Edited to add: Visko's wearing the same gear at 56 that he was at level 1, ~5k worth of "twink" gear. AFK camps are great for undergeared/nontwinked casters. Twinked casters really only benefit by having a larger mana/Hp pool.. pointless if you're killing maybe 1-3 things then AFKing for respawn.
Last edited by Crawdad; 04-12-2016 at 03:27 PM..
Old 04-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Large Rat

Thank you everyone for all the input. Crawdad your list is actually the one that I have saved and have been mostly following except for times that those spots are super camped. Like all the times I have tried the giant for in WW its been over camped. So I found a nice little ruin with 3 iksar outcasts that took me from 18 to 24 pretty quickly.

I am going to try the Miller camp for a bit as a guildie recently finished it and managed to get 3 GBS drops in a couple days.

I am really having a lot of fun playing again doing old school "evil Necro" camps.

Thanks again for all the input guys, appreciate it.

- Xarthale Droopytail
Old 04-27-2016, 07:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've posted this several times. While leveling I tend to avoid drops and focus on vendor trash as I found it more consistent.

Kurns 12-19 -sell bonechips, chance at Solist wand
Warsilik's Woods, Giant fort 19-29 -lots of vendor goods, chance at forest loop
South Karana, Treants 29-35 -easy 5-10k depending on your luck
West Commons, Druids 34-39 -almost always drop 2x fine steel and sometimes gems, vendor right there.
Oggok Guards and Feerrott/Oasis Specters 39-46 -guards always drop 6p worth of junk, specs can drop bronze scythe for 12p.
Grobb Guards 46-51 -always drops at least 11p worth of junk.
Felwithe Guards 51-54 -guards always drop at least 20p worth of junk.
Wakening Lands, Faerie Dragons and Goos 54-56 - drops quest gems, worth 100p-1.5k. Goos can drop 0-330p worth of junk each (gogo double sapphire necklace).
Wakening Lands, Sentient Armor 56+ -More quest gems (only ever seen 100p-500p variety) or armor (vendor for ~10p/sell for 100p with patience).

All of these spots have vendors either in zone or adjacent. None of them rely on one money drop. Consistent Exp/plat is the name of the game.

From 1-56 Visko has earned ~90k without selling anything big. There are other camps that work out well for their level (top of my head, ancient croc in upperguk) but I'll take consistent vendor trash over praying for drops/my bad luck.

Edited to add: Visko's wearing the same gear at 56 that he was at level 1, ~5k worth of "twink" gear. AFK camps are great for undergeared/nontwinked casters. Twinked casters really only benefit by having a larger mana/Hp pool.. pointless if you're killing maybe 1-3 things then AFKing for respawn.
this is awesome information thanks!

i have been messing around on this server for some time but i have not managed to get a character past lvl 25 as i have had some bad luck finding groups or by the time i find one i only have limited play time...

so i finally decided to roll a necro and i am enjoying it so far.. i am only lvl 12 and he is totally naked but soloing is possible and downtime is minimal which is a plus for me...

i only have two items i really want to buy prior to lvl 50 and they are journeyman's boots and circlet of shadow..

if i follow this leveling guide will it be possible? which do you think i should get first?

I am thinking boots since i can already invis but insta invis is amazing too!

boots and circlet are about 11k to 12K combined by what level do you think i will have that kind of plat if i followed this guide?

Formally Ragnis <Reviction> lvl 65 Bard of Morell-thule
Old 04-27-2016, 03:10 PM
Kobold

I'd get the CoS before jboots. It is significantly cheaper, makes charming much smoother, and will save your ass when you need to FD. A lot of good necro camps are in dungeons where JBoots don't work anyways.

Honestly I think JBoots are way overpriced, and I'd only recommend buying the MQ on those if I had a lot of pp to spare. I'd buy a CoS then go camp the AC yourself when you get into your 40s, especially as player without a level 25 character. SoW pots can get you by until then.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:16 PM
Kobold

So to put it another way, JBoots run approximately 7k pp. For the same price, you can get 700 casts of SoW from potions. You aren't going to need to use anywhere close to 700 casts of SoW to get you to a level where you can just camp the AC yourself.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

I would check out the Halfling guards in Misty Thicket also starting around 29. Bind near the Enchanter pet merchant in HHK. Loot spears only until you can't move, gate back to merchant and sell them all. Can also FD bank in HHK, which is nice.
Closed Thread