Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is awesome information thanks!

i have been messing around on this server for some time but i have not managed to get a character past lvl 25 as i have had some bad luck finding groups or by the time i find one i only have limited play time...

so i finally decided to roll a necro and i am enjoying it so far.. i am only lvl 12 and he is totally naked but soloing is possible and downtime is minimal which is a plus for me...

i only have two items i really want to buy prior to lvl 50 and they are journeyman's boots and circlet of shadow..

if i follow this leveling guide will it be possible? which do you think i should get first?

I am thinking boots since i can already invis but insta invis is amazing too!

boots and circlet are about 11k to 12K combined by what level do you think i will have that kind of plat if i followed this guide?
I spent ~5k twinking Visko, and by 36 I had made enough to purchase a CoS (2k back then) and Jboots (7k just like now). Realistically if you follow what I posted, you should be able to buy both by the time you get to Oggok guards. By the time I left Felwithe guards (54) I had geared up two other characters with ~10k each and also purchased 3 tinkerer bags.

Good luck!
Old 04-27-2016, 06:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I spent ~5k twinking Visko, and by 36 I had made enough to purchase a CoS (2k back then) and Jboots (7k just like now). Realistically if you follow what I posted, you should be able to buy both by the time you get to Oggok guards. By the time I left Felwithe guards (54) I had geared up two other characters with ~10k each and also purchased 3 tinkerer bags.

Good luck!
thanks man

Formally Ragnis <Reviction> lvl 65 Bard of Morell-thule
Old 04-27-2016, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

Whoops, meant to include the math for SoW potions vs Jboots. Did it several years ago but can't find it now.

SoW pots=100p/10dose, 36min duration
7000p for Jboots=70 SoW potions, 700 charges of SoW
700 charges at 36mins each=25200 minutes of being SoW'd
25200 minutes= 420 hours of being SoW'd, or 17.5 days

How long will it take you to clock in 17.5 days /played? For most people this is probably several months of 4-5 hour sessions here or there (4 hours*4 days a week=16 hours/week, 16 h/w*4 weeks=64 hours/month, 420 hours/64 h/m=6.5 months worth of SoW).

Jboots give you a lot more utility than just running faster, so I'd say the investment is always worth it.. however, when you're on a budget, don't feel like SoW potions are a waste of time/money. They're very economical. And half the time you can just bug a nearby druid/shaman for a SoW anyways.
Last edited by Crawdad; 04-27-2016 at 06:11 PM..
Old 04-27-2016, 06:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tingling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
which do you think i should get first?
Any one who plays an SK or a necro or think they might in the future should be getting their pre nerf CoS's asap unless they want to pay whatever the hell the resellers are going to want after the nerf that's happening soon. I'm not going to speculate on where the pre-nerf CoS price is going to go after that, but it isn't going to be 3k regardless of how long muh koonark went on.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:18 AM
Orc

CoS are 2xAoN + prenerf Fungi staff atm because there are so few on the server ,i would focus on jboots.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

There's a ton on the server on mules, people are just trying to over charge for the pre nerd one. Just wait until price goes down.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 04-28-2016, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a ton on the server on mules, people are just trying to over charge for the pre nerd one. Just wait until price goes down.
There are a ton on the server, but a lot of those will never be available to purchase due to them being on accounts that are inactive. Not saying you should pay 50k or whatever someone is trying to charge, but still.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarmike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CoS are 2xAoN + prenerf Fungi staff atm because there are so few on the server ,i would focus on jboots.
Its funny because there are probably hundreds of them stored on alts just to get around the Lore tag. CoS was one of the original clustercuss camps with everyone panicked over it being removed... Same with the ornate velium pendant, I know people who have 3 accounts with 8 characters each holding on to one.

Just hold out, there's no reason to pay more than 2.5-3k for a CoS.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Aviak

http://wiki.project1999.com/The_Great_Oowomp

Good not only for cash but gearing yourself if untwinked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] single pull if you havent ruined VS faction. Word of warning caster mob but once you break him and pull Before he buffs up should be easier and just fear kite
Old 05-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there's no reason to pay more than 2.5-3k for a CoS.
Closed Thread