Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 12:08 AM
Fire Giant

I'm actually surprised to see only 1 person mention bedlam/berserker spirit. Do you guys ever run around w/o that buff active? Or do you actually switch it out every 5 mins?

Maybe it's a red thing, but I always have it active, and rather than swapping it in every 5 mins, I just keep it on my bar at all times.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm actually surprised to see only 1 person mention bedlam/berserker spirit. Do you guys ever run around w/o that buff active? Or do you actually switch it out every 5 mins?

Maybe it's a red thing, but I always have it active, and rather than swapping it in every 5 mins, I just keep it on my bar at all times.
It was regularly in one of my two swap slots, but I'd drop it for starting fights so I could have tash and lull or tash and charm or whatever both memmed, or for a third stun if trying to interrupt a caster a lot, or whatever.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was regularly in one of my two swap slots, but I'd drop it for starting fights so I could have tash and lull or tash and charm or whatever both memmed, or for a third stun if trying to interrupt a caster a lot, or whatever.
I find it rare to solo a caster mob that requires stuns to interrupt. Being on a pvp server, my resists are generally high enough that npc spells aren't a problem, and other players are geared to the teeth with resist gear so stuns won't work at all in pvp. The only time multiple stuns may be necessary is a CH cleric mob, and hopefully ToT + mana sieve will be sufficient once I get those. In groups, an aoe stun means I get beaten to death by others' pets, so I usually swap out aoe stun for a dispell (unless I'm pulling).

I also don't keep aoe mez on the bar. Solo, aoe stun + mesmerize in slot 1 w/ clicky is enough to mez 3 mobs without much difficulty. Grouped, if I'm pulling, I'll similarly have aoe stun ready. Grouped, if I'm not pulling, single mez has been sufficient, though I suppose I could swap in aoe mez in the aoe stun/garou slot. I'll try that out, actually. I haven't yet found much use for aoe mez, besides cc'ing 8-12 low lvl mobs, e.g. when farming goblin earrings.

Compared to your setup, with no aoe mez and at most 1 aoe stun, I have room for lull and/or charm on my bar, but I'll swap them out for wandering mind (if fighting casters) and/or slow (if required for situation).
Old 06-29-2016, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Spell Line up:
1 - Tash
2 - Lvl 4 mez
3 - Color Skew
4 - Charm
5 - Root
6 - Aoe Mez
7 - Support Single Swap (Rune, Bedlam, C2, GoB, E)
8 - Theft of Thought

I like to go from order of 1 through 8 so I can quickly reset the global spellbar and go down the list based off of what situation I need to adjust to.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find it rare to solo a caster mob that requires stuns to interrupt. Being on a pvp server, my resists are generally high enough that npc spells aren't a problem, and other players are geared to the teeth with resist gear so stuns won't work at all in pvp. The only time multiple stuns may be necessary is a CH cleric mob, and hopefully ToT + mana sieve will be sufficient once I get those. In groups, an aoe stun means I get beaten to death by others' pets, so I usually swap out aoe stun for a dispell (unless I'm pulling).

I also don't keep aoe mez on the bar. Solo, aoe stun + mesmerize in slot 1 w/ clicky is enough to mez 3 mobs without much difficulty. Grouped, if I'm pulling, I'll similarly have aoe stun ready. Grouped, if I'm not pulling, single mez has been sufficient, though I suppose I could swap in aoe mez in the aoe stun/garou slot. I'll try that out, actually. I haven't yet found much use for aoe mez, besides cc'ing 8-12 low lvl mobs, e.g. when farming goblin earrings.

Compared to your setup, with no aoe mez and at most 1 aoe stun, I have room for lull and/or charm on my bar, but I'll swap them out for wandering mind (if fighting casters) and/or slow (if required for situation).
Are you fighting level 51+ mobs?

You don't want to be dealing with 2-4 mobs that summon and hit for 150+ and cast shit like ignite blood and ebolt and whatnot... then when your pet breaks charm and you get summoned you have to hope your stuns don't resist even once while you have to use boltrans to recharm cause you can't mez your dotted pet and.... etc.

But I do get that spell lineups are generally a lot different on red than blue, when solo (which is what I usually am thinking about) vs. grouped, etc.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-29-2016 at 02:35 PM..
Old 06-29-2016, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

1 - Tash
2 - Stun/Slow/AoE Mez
3 - Nuke/Stun
4 - Swap slot for buffs or slow/calm
5 - Root
6 - Charm/AoE Mez/Slow
7 - Mez
8 - Gate

I change slots 2, 4, and 6 a lot depending on what I am doing, but the rest don't change very much unless I am doing something really out of the ordinary.
Old 06-29-2016, 06:10 PM
Banned

slightly off topic, but any commentary on whether it's better to use most current mez or lvl 4 mez? also, same question for roots.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
slightly off topic, but any commentary on whether it's better to use most current mez or lvl 4 mez? also, same question for roots.
I prefer lowest mez almost always. Fastest cast, fastest recast (since I put a root in gem 1), low cost. Only annoying when you need to mez a lot of stuff (rare for me since I'm solo) or mez 1 thing for several minutes. In groups though it makes less sense to use the level 4 mez exclusively imo.

I also use root cause it casts faster and is as mana efficient as anything else. Doesnt last long , but easy to recast unless you're dealing with a pull from hell. I'll use PE once I get it, though not always. Fetter is godly once you get it though.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_ole_jpn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In pvp lower level roots also have lower total-resist caps meaning you have to use higher roots for higher mr targets.

Believe it's the same for mezzes though I'm not totally sure on the custom code here.

In pve I use whatever root works best for what I'm doing. Fetter if I need a long lasting one or root if I'm duoing because things down easier and it usually doesn't take 10 minutes.

Root is also really nice for charming Giants because it's like using mezz (30s vs 24s) when you can't stun or mezz.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 06-29-2016, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

Also

PvP

1) Tash (always)
2) recant magic/slant (swap)
3) fetter (always)
4) rapture (always)
5) tot (always)
6) bedlam (almost always, sometimes swap)
7) charm/cripple (swap)
8) gate (always)

PvE

1) mezz (always)
2) slant (always)
3) root line (always)
4) tash (swap)
5) tot (always)
6) bedlam (usually always, sometimes swap)
7) swap slot. Usually charm/2nd aoe stun.
8) gate or swap depending on current danger.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread