Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-18-2022, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why cant each country build its own defense, and forts, and they just light the towers of gondor?

One might argue NATOs only role is to light the tower of gondor to call the aid of the USA.
You have to build the tower of gondor to call for aid - isn't that what NATO is?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-18-2022, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Nah it's just an email.
Old 04-18-2022, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah it's just an email.
lol, Spittin fax!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-18-2022, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

The Byzantine empire had a functioning alert system for Arab raids that the beacons of Gondor were based on. I’m sure they existed elsewhere prior. But anyway, I forget exactly where, maybe it was the Tarsus area, but the locals lit a beacon and within minutes Constantinople would he alerted, as would all the other outposts along the route

Pretty cool stuff
Old 04-18-2022, 08:19 PM
Banned

Pretty sure Putin is a rogue CIA agent. R.i.p. Russia and Ukraine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

U got punked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-18-2022, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure Putin is a rogue CIA agent.
Well he was KGB so the chances are better than average. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-18-2022, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well he was KGB so the chances are better than average. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2022, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure Putin is a rogue CIA agent. R.i.p. Russia and Ukraine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

U got punked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would make for a good movie but i'm 99% sure that in this case reality is alot more boring.

putin is just an old school soviet hardliner with an out of touch worldview, so enclosed behind his own walls of propoganda that he still believes NATO allies are plotting to overthrow the russian gov't and turn the country into disney world.

his oligargy gov't is so paranoid and sheltered that they don't understand that as long as cheap oil and gas is flowing, nobody gives a shit about russia.

or, maybe thats what pisses him off the most? that the best russia can hope for is being europe's gas station.
Old 04-19-2022, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

^good post

He’s definitely paranoid and delusional. I think he’s going to “win” though sadly. It seems as if it’s up to the Russian people to demand a stop to this, and that seems unlikely to happen…
Old 04-19-2022, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

I recently watched the oliver stone putin interview, and you can see how important ukraine, and the other countries that became soverin when the soviet union fell ae to him.

The only passion in the first 15 minuets is when he is talking about ukraine and how much money and aid they send them. Hearing him say that alone made me think wow he really is trying to sell that ukraine is dependant to russia, which definitly would be the kind of messaging you'd want to spread if you were thinking of taking over with force one day.

He said 25 million Russians instantly were forced to live abroad when the soviet union was carved up, so I wouldn't put it past him to try to bring them all back under soviet control given the time to do it.

If what we're in right now is not world war 3 and some how we all keep on going on after the shooting stops (if it stops) then surely in the coming years after the real world war 3 will start when this new russian Z state decides to bring the other countries back under this new Zoviet umbrella.

The interview was 2017 so his personality there is quite relevant to his motives today IMO.
Last edited by Jibartik; 04-19-2022 at 05:41 PM..