Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 03:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Ridiculous

So for the past couple days, I've been camping the Glacier Bear for my Totemic Helm. Every so often, I run into people who have alts that camp there so they can catch the bear. When they see me, we've had some conversations and I've met some genuinely nice people.

Today, my Glacier bear popped. I had been killing it's placeholder for two days now, so I knew down to the hour when he would pop. So then the bear popped. This bear was yellow, so I decided to ask for some help.

I found a Monk who was down in the maze that was willing to help, so I sat by the entrance waiting for him to come out of the water. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed this Shaman running like a bat out of hell toward the bear.

I politely told him that the bear was camped and I was waiting for a friend to help me kill it. The Shaman killed the bear, grabbed the pelt and then immediately logged. WTF? Why is there no accountability for this kind of behavior?

So whomever you are Duumps - that was rude.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2015, 03:35 PM
Decaying Skeleton

http://imgur.com/5qkmGSS

for proof of what happened.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:43 PM
Kobold

You may get retribution from a GM if you make a petition but... why you camping a contested spawn for 2 days that you can't kill? That's risky at best and hard to sympathize with the consequences.

Camp a force capable of killing the target or pre-arrange for help since you knew the exact spawn time.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

That sucks and all, but he's right. You couldn't engage and kill it. You weren't camping it, you were calling dibs, and dibs don't hold up.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

I'd be surprised if GM's would rule this as a KS or the like. You pretty much have to be able to kill the mob within seconds of it popping to have a legitimate claim to the 'camp'. If you're sitting there staring at a spawned mob waiting for help, then you can't claim it. Rules are pretty clear on this. Might have been rude, but not illegal.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Gah~ that's like staring at the good parking spot during the holiday rush and watching it get taken as you just get within parking distance.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Large Rat

Your not gonna get any sympathy here. Most of the degenerates that troll these boards are the same people that not only would've take your bear but trained you in the process and then got their gm buddies to ask you to leave.

Better luck next time friend. Don't get discouraged, these people weren't hugged enough as kids, nothing you can do.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

How long was the bear up before Duumps grabbed it? That's going to be the determining factor. Next time you're in this situation, though, go ahead and try to engage it before your help arrives. You might have to tank it or maybe you can get a root off, but if you're clearly engaged, then nobody else is allowed to interfere.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:54 PM
Large Rat

^ speaking of degenerate
Closed Thread