Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

How mad does it make you seasoned neckbeards to see casuals get YOUR pixels? They DIDN'T EVEN EARN THEM!!!
Old 11-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Large Bat

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How mad does it make you seasoned neckbeards to see casuals get YOUR pixels? They DIDN'T EVEN EARN THEM!!!
Old 11-06-2017, 12:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So mad that some of those "seasoned neckbeards" are in here congratulating us.

I'm sure in some darkened basement somewhere, a neckbeard is being scratched furiously at this atrocity, but most of the responses so far seem to be pretty positive.

Of course, this IS R&F, so UMAD, bros?
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Banned

If only there wasn’t an rnf muzzle on these guilds then you’d really be able to get the pop corn ready.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many characters at the peak? How many characters at a low point?

Longest Dragon Fight? Shortest Dragon Fight?

Start - End Time?

Opinions on easiest Dragon? Most difficult dragon? Worst dragon?

The readers want the know about this rare experience on P99. Actually doing raids as designed and stuff.
I think we averaged around 80 people or so most of the day. Vulak was definitely the longest fight at about 16 minutes. Koi'Doken seemed, to me, to be the fastest and cleanest, though the twins also both went down with hardly a fight (props to Ruffel playing "You Spin Me Right Round" over discord during Lady N).

Vyemm was an absolute pain to pull, but I think that's because that was the pull our pullers were learning on (we didn't want to fight him in his lair and risk getting thrown into the lava, or we would have just crawled him too). Lady M was extremely sloppy, and as a result, very close.

We had a few hectic moments where we ended up with multiple drakes in camp at once, but offtanking was on point so we pulled through. Watching Vulak's health trudge downward as he tried to cast gate about 30 times was a bit of a nail biter. Honorable mention to a certain warrior attempting to pick up a flurry drake before the heal chain even knew to target him. They're total monsters.

Was a really fun experience for me seeing Aaryonar's pit for the first time since 2003, and other spots in NTOV I'd only seen in pictures or videos until now.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Correct, Vyemm was annoying (we did zone pull him), but we never once wiped to an actual mob in ToV. The only delays were learning pulls, which we gave people time for. People who pretty much never raid pulled before were out there enjoying figuring out things. Is having fun in EQ really such a difficult concept? Did the people on P99 never play EQ before and like it? Most of our raid never even saw NToV before and loved it.

Oddly enough, we almost legit wiped to Doze at the end of the night because everyone was falling asleep at their keyboards. We skipped triplets to let people log and ended up phoning in Doze and everyone passed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm petitioning your screenshot resolution. I can't even find myself in any of them.
I'm petitioning your height.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We value life more than the pathetic pixels you dedicated your life to.

Now you can close the forums and go commit more years to get pixels you don't need trying to impress people you don't like.
I think people can live the life they want. If that's having a family and living in the burbs that's cool, if that's chasing pixels in a old ass mmo to impress only people who also chase those pixels that's cool.

Just be happy and have fun doing what you do.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Lots of BS in this thread:

1. Suspended players venting because they are going through pixel withdrawals, being unnecessarily angry and taking it out on "casuals" who posted their fun in NTOV.

***This is bullshit because being bitter that you can't raid shouldn't mean you have to tear down those who are able to raid. This is extremely childish.

2. "Casuals" claiming they have real lives, their guild tag proves so because it calls itself casual and those who raid in AM/AW all have no lives and do nothing but raid dragon pixels.

***This is bullshit because many of the so-called casuals put in just as much playtime as do the hardcore raiders if not more. The only difference is the activities the players partake while logged in the game. I know some AW/AM players who are logged in far less tha some of the "casuals" I know.

3. AM/AW members claiming that "casuals" can't raid dragons because they don't put the work in to accomplish such a feat.

***This is bullshit because the groundwork and domination that AW/AM have atm was cemented long ago under the tags of other guilds with many of the same players who controlled the raid scene years ago. Most of the present members never put in any "work" they simply got invited to the gravy train raid guild and now are enjoying the pixels that rain down.
Old 11-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Kobold

The crawl was alot of fun!

And who cares if we took our sweet time?
We had to figure shit out, its not like we do this every week.
Closed Thread