Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 01:50 AM
Kobold

OP, being fat or letting go in your thirties has a lot more to do with just saying "fuck it, I can't keep up." Depending on the age or station in your life, there are a lot of things that can make someone just give up, here are a few: shortness, acne (scars), baldness, other perceived shortcomings. I have seen it in my friends as we are aging, the balding ones are the worst though, they seem like they just gave the fuck up. But then there are those who overcompensate, and I don't think that's a strategy that can persist for very long.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP, being fat or letting go in your thirties has a lot more to do with just saying "fuck it, I can't keep up." Depending on the age or station in your life, there are a lot of things that can make someone just give up, here are a few: shortness, acne (scars), baldness, other perceived shortcomings. I have seen it in my friends as we are aging, the balding ones are the worst though, they seem like they just gave the fuck up. But then there are those who overcompensate, and I don't think that's a strategy that can persist for very long.
Thank you. Been saying this for years but the people who post on this forum have such a tiny small pool of fake imaginary friends that they have no idea what I'm referring to. They can't even fathom the scenario because they are so under-socialized.

I've lost a lot of friends to balding. They literally graduated from good schools, spent 250k on it and got straight A's, and then just stopped caring about anything that requires effort. Personal appearance, clothes, fashion, girls, bros and good times, etc. They shut down and just kill time with TV, some newspapers, and caring for elderly grandparents/grandmother who are already cared for by their daughter/son anyway. "I gotta take care of my grandmother" when pressed about why nothing is moving forward in their life. I thought about pressing further and asking what gives with him not carrying his weight as far as swag factor, appearance, and bros and hoes, but I stopped way short of that because, really, I already knew the answer. I tried to give him recs to lift his mood and try to get him feeling good again but I shit you not, he was on 2-3 drugs even adderall and had nothing to say still and was mopey and deadass with 0 energy. Oh by the way the grandmother he cares for so dearly calls him a gay wizard spell because he has nothing going on and no ladies going on. So here he is saying im caring for some elderly while throwing my life away over balding, while the person he "cares" so much for is calling him a buttboy to his face as he cares for her at her bedside...

We suspected thyroid issues just due to how much of a deadass he became. A huge fucking loser. Then I started thinking about it. I was like man, seems to coincide with 2 things. 1) Graduating college and 2) balding heavily on the crown and heavy recession of the hairline with diffuse loss all over. His whole top was blown off and he had to wear a hat 24/7 while hanging out. One time one of my friends smacked the hat off his head because he jewed down on a tip at a bar my friends local friend worked at. So my friend slapped him upside the head because he admitted to jewing down to his face. The balding was revealed and it shook him up.

He lost weight one time and got model thin around age 25-26, but the balding was so severe that he ballooned up 100 pounds within a mere 3-4 months and was back to his fat slag do-nothing self later that year with 0 plans and 0 ambition.

The reality is he didn't want to abandon his family in pursuit of a career in broadcasting. Working 70 hours a week means you have to cut family off. Mainly leave his mom alone with his father who is a shitbag and former drug addict. I get that...but there wasn't this huge emo attitude and settle down decision making prior to the balding.

That is just 1 example of 20-30 examples I have off hand.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 12-05-2017 at 05:12 AM..
Old 12-05-2017, 12:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you. Been saying this for years but the people who post on this forum have such a tiny small pool of fake imaginary friends that they have no idea what I'm referring to. They can't even fathom the scenario because they are so under-socialized.

I've lost a lot of friends to balding. They literally graduated from good schools, spent 250k on it and got straight A's, and then just stopped caring about anything that requires effort. Personal appearance, clothes, fashion, girls, bros and good times, etc. They shut down and just kill time with TV, some newspapers, and caring for elderly grandparents/grandmother who are already cared for by their daughter/son anyway. "I gotta take care of my grandmother" when pressed about why nothing is moving forward in their life. I thought about pressing further and asking what gives with him not carrying his weight as far as swag factor, appearance, and bros and hoes, but I stopped way short of that because, really, I already knew the answer. I tried to give him recs to lift his mood and try to get him feeling good again but I shit you not, he was on 2-3 drugs even adderall and had nothing to say still and was mopey and deadass with 0 energy. Oh by the way the grandmother he cares for so dearly calls him a gay wizard spell because he has nothing going on and no ladies going on. So here he is saying im caring for some elderly while throwing my life away over balding, while the person he "cares" so much for is calling him a buttboy to his face as he cares for her at her bedside...

We suspected thyroid issues just due to how much of a deadass he became. A huge fucking loser. Then I started thinking about it. I was like man, seems to coincide with 2 things. 1) Graduating college and 2) balding heavily on the crown and heavy recession of the hairline with diffuse loss all over. His whole top was blown off and he had to wear a hat 24/7 while hanging out. One time one of my friends smacked the hat off his head because he jewed down on a tip at a bar my friends local friend worked at. So my friend slapped him upside the head because he admitted to jewing down to his face. The balding was revealed and it shook him up.

He lost weight one time and got model thin around age 25-26, but the balding was so severe that he ballooned up 100 pounds within a mere 3-4 months and was back to his fat slag do-nothing self later that year with 0 plans and 0 ambition.

The reality is he didn't want to abandon his family in pursuit of a career in broadcasting. Working 70 hours a week means you have to cut family off. Mainly leave his mom alone with his father who is a shitbag and former drug addict. I get that...but there wasn't this huge emo attitude and settle down decision making prior to the balding.

That is just 1 example of 20-30 examples I have off hand.
I know a guy that went bald at 18... He did really well with women because he was naturally big and worked out (initially to join the marines). Basically you can be a stud if you can pull off a Vin Diesel (and its not that rare for guys that tend toward fatness). It's not even like you have to that good looking.

Baldness is associated with masculinity and testosterone. Many bald guys seem to be the high T guys too. You can have like anywhere from 400-1000 T naturally, these are probably the 800-1000 guys mostly. That makes a big difference in the fitness world.

Now if you are a finer-featured bald guy... it sucks more. But it still doesn't make it a waste of time for LCK to run 6 days a week to have a body most wouldn't say is attractive. Because he is not disgusting.

See at some point -- especially with older guys -- its not really about catching someones eye. It's about not turning someone off with your body so much it eclipses everything else you have to offer. If your just some average-looking dude, there is a million ways to compensate. If you are fat and disgusting you has better be rich.

This isn't all about dating. That was just the part of my post where I attempted to trigger people into realizing how much it sucks being fat. When you start talking about hand-wavy shit about feeling a lot better and more connected with your self and -- no one believes you on the front end (or finds it strangely irrelevant to their own situation).

Cardio and Strength Training will enhance every aspect of your life. You will play games better. You'll get more respect from peers (because its primal and they can't help it). You'll sleep better. And all that shit like moving things around and picking stuff up is a lot more easy. Doing it tends to get you more focused on diet and posture.

Now as for your depressed friend. I'm guessing it is more career related than you think. Not everyone that gets a degree really did the things you need to do to be ready to go get a job after college. This is what fills people with hopelessness. Not going fucking bald.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:17 PM
Fire Giant

I have two friends who are both 30 years old on the dot and have been essentially bald since their early 20s. One is very successful, married, great job with a good salary, and in good physical shape. The other has a good career and social life with friends but doesn't have a girlfriend or anything and is pretty out of shape. Balding can contribute to lack of caring for sure, but there are all sorts of factors.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Balding can contribute to lack of caring for sure, but there are all sorts of factors.
Maybe lack of caring and poor health choices created the balding?

Not really sold on the idea that balding creates apathy in men.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you Persian mr rahmani

Also, giving up isn't OK. Being obese for any reason is unacceptable
Old 12-05-2017, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now as for your depressed friend. I'm guessing it is more career related than you think. Not everyone that gets a degree really did the things you need to do to be ready to go get a job after college. This is what fills people with hopelessness. Not going fucking bald.
Pretty well said. I agree with this as well. The amount of steps post-college to actually launch a career are tremendous. And it definitely requires more drive than people anticipate and most were not prepared for that at all.

It's actually a good description of the situation. The balding was there but the reality was he had been handed everything his whole life. Nobody is going to hand you a career.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 12-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-05-2017, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyejin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really got me at the end

good stuff

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:02 PM
Banned

Wink

Closed Thread