Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 04:51 AM
Planar Protector

A lot of the faction modifiers for race/class/deity aren't quite classic; is there a chance some of these modifiers get rebalanced?

I remember when I started my half elf warrior of innoruuk on red; an NPC in what should have been my own guild hall (the subterranean dungeons below freeport slums) killed me!
Old 11-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of the faction modifiers for race/class/deity aren't quite classic; is there a chance some of these modifiers get rebalanced?

I remember when I started my half elf warrior of innoruuk on red; an NPC in what should have been my own guild hall (the subterranean dungeons below freeport slums) killed me!
I have noticied faction modifiers changing recently outside my own intervention, especially for dark elves. I feel like someine has been tweaking
Old 11-08-2018, 12:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is a work in progress but due to the nature of the faction system and the fact that the way faction itself works needs to be revamped, it can't be implemented piecemeal but has to be finished and then implemented all at once.

Some are made with temporary solutions like the on you mentioned. I know we fixed human clerics of Innoruuk from being KOS'd in Neriak -- Half Elves should start KOS to Dreadguards but be non-KOS with the guilds -- minus the Rogues.

Also, Cen, I can assure you with absolute certainty that for at least 3 years Dark Elf Agnostic Bards were KOS to Da Bashers.
Last edited by Aalderon Crystafire; 11-08-2018 at 12:20 AM..
Old 11-08-2018, 12:27 AM
Sarnak

Might be a bard modifier but seems wrong. 99% sure that from having a bard on live I could go to any evil city wtihout any trouble with DE illusion (agnostic)

Kinda like how my Wood Elf Rogue (agnostic) is default KOS to Barbarians. Pretty sure both are 'good' races and should be at least dubious.
Last edited by Nexii; 11-08-2018 at 12:31 AM..
Old 11-08-2018, 02:28 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might be a bard modifier but seems wrong. 99% sure that from having a bard on live I could go to any evil city wtihout any trouble with DE illusion (agnostic)

Kinda like how my Wood Elf Rogue (agnostic) is default KOS to Barbarians. Pretty sure both are 'good' races and should be at least dubious.
We have many modifiers like this on P99 that are not classic but the ultimate goal is to not just have classic 'considers' but exact classic modifiers for every race, deity and class for every major faction down to the exact numbers. It's a huge undertaking that involves lots of work on the live/test servers and there have only been two of us working on it. Despite this and with much thanks to Artheau who coded a program specifically to facilitate our research nearly every major city is finished. Right down to the exact #s for each modifier so if it took +50 points for a Dark Elf Monk of Quellious to become non-KOS to <insert faction here> in classic EQ, it will be the same here.

We will still need to wait for the faction system and tables to be revamped before the classic modifiers can be implemented, as well.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

If there's a revamp, will people who have maxed certain factions have to do any more work?
Old 11-08-2018, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Great to hear your faction project is coming to fruition, I remember you highlighting the particulars of it previously and it sounded like an overwhelmingly large undertaking!
Old 11-08-2018, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalderon Crystafire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have many modifiers like this on P99 that are not classic but the ultimate goal is to not just have classic 'considers' but exact classic modifiers for every race, deity and class for every major faction down to the exact numbers. It's a huge undertaking that involves lots of work on the live/test servers and there have only been two of us working on it. Despite this and with much thanks to Artheau who coded a program specifically to facilitate our research nearly every major city is finished. Right down to the exact #s for each modifier so if it took +50 points for a Dark Elf Monk of Quellious to become non-KOS to <insert faction here> in classic EQ, it will be the same here.

We will still need to wait for the faction system and tables to be revamped before the classic modifiers can be implemented, as well.
I'm surprised you do not have a 'VIP / Contributor' flag on your forum account. You do great work equivalent of dev / staff duties. Thank you.
Closed Thread