Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by virulentthemonstaire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i agree with "therealmd" and disagree with "demoraliser".

chanter/sham duo is way stronger than chanter/cleric duo. (assuming the people playing these classes are highly skilled and it's at 60 with torpor and gear for a few select camps

chanter/sham is higher risk higher reward. sure, if u have a shitty chanter then chanter/cleric is better. (most chanters are shitty which is why most ppl believe chanter/cleric is superior which is not the case).

for example, chanter/sham can duo the rats in DN and chanter can charm a rogue rat pet to backstab while the shaman facetanks etc. shaman has way more utility than cleric.

again, like i said before, chanter/sham is higher risk / higher reward which is why most ppl don't do it cus u guys are shitlords.

Lunatick Asylum <Rampage> 60th Dark Elf Enchanter *Slayer of PoM trashcans*
Fixed.

You're not even really disagreeing with me. I never said that in some very limited situations (i.e. 60, geared, torpor, both very good players, for a few specific camps, when you're ok with higher risk) a shaman isn't a "stronger" partner for an enchanter. I just said that the enchanter+cleric duo is overall (i.e. considering 1-60, naked through geared, all variety of camps across the expansions) a better duo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like someone just called the the reigning champ shitty.

How do we settle this?
Lol. Well, to be fair, I probably have 500x (literally) as much time soloing as I do duoing. And my shaman duo experience was mostly at king back in mid-Kunark. But yeah, he's just trolling or being asinine to act like you need to be a shitty enchanter in order to get killed by your pet or on a pull and that therefore good enchanters don't need cleric hp+ac buffs, superior heals, stuns, and rez even more than they need malo and more dps from the shaman.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 09-19-2019 at 09:48 AM..
Old 09-19-2019, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Shaman dps very important for quadding hasted pet
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-19-2019, 04:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed.

You're not even really disagreeing with me. I never said that in some very limited situations (i.e. 60, geared, torpor, both very good players, for a few specific camps, when you're ok with higher risk) a shaman isn't a "stronger" partner for an enchanter. I just said that the enchanter+cleric duo is overall (i.e. considering 1-60, naked through geared, all variety of camps across the expansions) a better duo.
I was never responding to you nor acknowledging your post. Get off your high horse, fgt. I was responding to therealmd and demoraliser's initial posts/argument in the first 1 or 2 pages of this thread.

Lunatick Asylum <Rampage> 60th Dark Elf Enchanter *Slayer of PoM trashcans*
Old 09-19-2019, 04:52 PM
Banned

Chanter / cleric is the best combo anyone else who thinks otherwise might be on the spectrum
Old 09-19-2019, 05:06 PM
Sarnak

These debates are largely stupid. Play what you enjoy playing, and if you're lucky enough to have in-game friends that know their sh1t and can actually tolerate your miserable arse for hours on end, who really cares if it's not the optimal combination. You might actually have to think outside the box a little and be creative, and it may even be more of a challenge. Oh the horror...

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 09-19-2019, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

Eberron I got a 53 enchanter and I'm lazy. If I spend more money on my monk maybe I can solo okay and I can /fd to do whatever I want to do with my life.

If I have FT3 + ZHeart, can my ench be a beast!?!? Will I have to tryhard every kill? What can I do with my life bigdadyd Eb what can I do!?

Also most enchanters do not have FT8 and most do not have Ring 10.
Last edited by mefdinkins; 09-19-2019 at 05:10 PM..
Old 09-19-2019, 05:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eberron I got a 53 enchanter and I'm lazy. If I spend more money on my monk maybe I can solo okay and I can /fd to do whatever I want to do with my life.

If I have FT3 + ZHeart, can my ench be a beast!?!? Will I have to tryhard every kill? What can I do with my life bigdadyd Eb what can I do!?

u don't need amazing gear to do amazing things as a chanter. i don't have any FT items nor do i have zheart nor do i even have the epic, and i've accomplished more things as a solo/duo chanter than most if not all chanters that i've seen in this server.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's a tip if you're wealthy enough to get that other stuff. Root nets. Lots of them.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

8 bags 10 root nets each [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-19-2019, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like I'm being called bad because my enchanter has good gear
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Closed Thread