Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 10:26 PM
Large Bat

Who is going to have the most fun to 50?
Old 09-29-2019, 11:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro is probably fastest for most people.
Yeah I don't think an enchanter will be even for skilled players:
- more gear dependent
- no charm break clicky until kunark
- no breeze

This is not taking into account other issues like no pet window and that you actually need 2 mobs to do any charming. Charming will be even harder if you have to fight over every mob since you actually need 2.

I think until lvl.29 it is best to just group as an enchanter for the fastest xp.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:49 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, I honestly can't even imagine leveling in green. A lot of people will be on the game and be very bored waiting for groups or camps. Most melee can't even solo mobs past level 10 in vanilla.

A lot of other spoiled players who never grouped until KC/Seb on Blue and then got carried by groups with epiced clerics, rogues, shamans, and monks and other chars who are twinked to hell are going to be in for a rude awakening that the game is a lot less forgiving than it is on blue right now.

Even little things like stopping to buy spells can take hours with boats, no ports, no sow, difficulty having plat ready. The first level 50 chars will likely be in bronze/leather using what type of weapons - fine steel? The first 50 casters will likely only have a small portion of their key spells.

I just mean enjoy the game! Raid at level 40 or 45 or 48. Finish quests that are fun at level 30 even if isn't for a best in slot item! woo hooo have fun and don't worry about being first to 50.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just mean enjoy the game! Raid at level 40 or 45 or 48. Finish quests that are fun at level 30 even if isn't for a best in slot item! woo hooo have fun and don't worry about being first to 50.
Lol I will be the first one to ding 50, more likely to be the last[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I have a hard time deciding what class I want to play, how well it solo is an important factor for me.

What I would like the most is to group and play with others alll the way to max but that will simply not happen due to RL. Maybe next green cycle I go full on grouping hehe.

Its down to Mage, Nec or Druid but since i have Nec and Druid at 60 on Blue I think im set on a Green Mage.

Cheers for the replies
Last edited by Whoop; 09-30-2019 at 02:47 AM..
Old 09-30-2019, 02:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard is still at the top of the list
Bard is trash can tier now. If you start a bard on Green you'll be hating only being allowed to kite 4 mobs at once. Then even when you don't you will be nothing but paper to be shredded by literally every mob and pretty much no use to anyone until lvl 32.

There's other classes who won't have troubles but bards are going to suck to play on Green.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

I might main a bard now that they're hard mode, come to think of it.

Bards can fear and dot kite perfectly well in classic, not all bard solo techniques are swarming.
Last edited by Dolalin; 09-30-2019 at 02:52 AM..
Old 09-30-2019, 02:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I might main a bard now that they're hard mode, come to think of it.
Have fun with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3boy_tLWeqA

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2019, 03:01 AM
Sarnak

I wouldn't mind giving bard a go on green but playing with a controller makes it impossible, atleast for me. Got one to lvl 9 on blue but then gave up.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:59 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't mind giving bard a go on green but playing with a controller makes it impossible, atleast for me. Got one to lvl 9 on blue but then gave up.
Ever tried something like a razer orbweaver?
Old 09-30-2019, 04:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard is trash can tier now. If you start a bard on Green you'll be hating only being allowed to kite 4 mobs at once. Then even when you don't you will be nothing but paper to be shredded by literally every mob and pretty much no use to anyone until lvl 32.

There's other classes who won't have troubles but bards are going to suck to play on Green.
I may be falling for a troll, but... I'll bite.

First off, kiting 4 mobs at once is way better than what most classes can do. Secondly, Bard is a reasonable melee class in the early levels, but gets songs like Hymm and Selo's. Lastly, you get Fear at 25 then Charm at 26, which means non-stop killing until 50. You literally only need to stop to buy your DoTs and your next Charm at 39.
Closed Thread