Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some the tradeskills are dex based no? Or am i thinking of poison making...
Fletching definitely is dex.
Celent - 60 Sorcerer!
Stratah - 58 Troubadour!
Joan - 58 Knight!
Colin - 52 Rake!

Guild Leader of <Eclipse>
Old 04-16-2020, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

its fun to run around with max int and then go vendor all the stuff u did with max cha, and then buy new mats with max cha, definitely worth it imo
Old 04-28-2020, 07:07 AM
Planar Protector

All tradeskills will use int or wis for skill ups. Most skills have an additional stat that can be used IF it's higher. Strength for Blacksmithing, Dex for Tailoring and Fletching, etc.

If you are an int/wis caster you are going to be better off using your primary stat and not bothering trying to get the secondary stats higher than your wis/int.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All tradeskills will use int or wis for skill ups. Most skills have an additional stat that can be used IF it's higher. Strength for Blacksmithing, Dex for Tailoring and Fletching, etc.
Wrong, int/wis work on all teadeskill, but most tradeskills don't use any other stat, in fact there's only 3:
* smithing use the highest between int/wis/str.
* fletching use the highest between int/wis/dex.
* poison making use the highest between int/wis/dex.

No other tradeskill use an alternate stat, it's just int/wis for most of them.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

I was going to try to get up brewing to 248 or whatever max is for 9th ring quest on my monk with 79 intelligence - I gave up at 152 and despised working on the skill. I'd have to swap out bags, move items out of my bank to traders, and take forever to get a skill up.

Then I started working on tradeskills on my wizard (255 int) and saw it was a lot easier. I maxed brewing (one of the more straightforward but carpel tunnel inducing trade skills) in a few days.

Since then I've gotten JC up, have three characters who have done the coldain prayer shawl quests (mostly a crafting skill check) and five characters who have 9th or 10th ring (requires some skillups). For druid/enchanter/wiz I made sure to have 255 int or wis. For other classes I made sure to pick up some cheap +INT items to make the journey smoother. If you're only trying to get a skill to 80 or just make a couple throwing javelins - not really a need. If you're trying to skill things up to mid 100's or beyond, it's def. worth it.