Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 09:30 AM
Kobold

Snaggles advice is very good, do not roll a Ranger expecting decent soloing unless you can afford a Fungi, a good 2Her, and good haste, and thats just to take you around 50-55.

To push from 55-60 with a good speed you really need epics and sky haste cloak. With those tools and the proper spot I was getting XP 55-60 faster than my friend in the good Hole groups.
Old 03-28-2021, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d definitely consider a SK as a casual player. You get the fun and fashion, a very easy semi-epic (Greenmist). Arguably with the change/elimination of bind wound during combat normally geared monks have lost a bit of the solo edge. Ie you have to pick spots and maybe bum buffs to be just as efficient.
I am strongly considering SK atm. Not sure what race it will be though since I'm finding reasons to like just about all of them. xD
Old 03-28-2021, 10:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snaggles advice is very good, do not roll a Ranger expecting decent soloing unless you can afford a Fungi, a good 2Her, and good haste, and thats just to take you around 50-55.

To push from 55-60 with a good speed you really need epics and sky haste cloak. With those tools and the proper spot I was getting XP 55-60 faster than my friend in the good Hole groups.
Tbh the only reason Ranger appealed to me was because of how cool the wood elf appearance is for velious plate and I was going to aim for a full set of crystal chitin. Realized I could just do that with a druid too so might roll that instead at some point.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a rogue on live. The cloak and dagger game is fun but stressful. Your plan b if something sees through sneak is to cap out, possibly root net, or die and get a loc.
I remember a lot of terror on live as a rogue, having to con everything because there was always a tiny chance your Hide would be seen through. It's not failed me once in 53 levels on Blue, making Lower Guk a much less exciting, and less frustrating, place.
Old 03-31-2021, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember a lot of terror on live as a rogue, having to con everything because there was always a tiny chance your Hide would be seen through. It's not failed me once in 53 levels on Blue, making Lower Guk a much less exciting, and less frustrating, place.
That’s great to know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ! Might just make a rogue if sneak is what was promised, lol.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
That’s great to know [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ! Might just make a rogue if sneak is what was promised, lol.
The real Rogue special ability is to be able to go AFK immediately, safely, almost anywhere.

EDIT: This ends up being surprisingly important for my ability to play an online game while married...
Last edited by Tnair; 04-02-2021 at 01:44 PM..
Old 04-02-2021, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real Rogue special ability is to be able to go AFK immediately, safely, almost anywhere.

EDIT: This ends up being surprisingly important for my ability to play an online game while married...
Definitely a perk of the class, except, Monk does it better.
Old 04-04-2021, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Definitely a perk of the class, except, Monk does it better.
Maybe. A Monk can drop agro and AFK which is something Rogues cannot do. Depending on where they are though, a Monk may not be able to make it out after where a Rogue can.
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 04-05-2021, 02:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe. A Monk can drop agro and AFK which is something Rogues cannot do. Depending on where they are though, a Monk may not be able to make it out after where a Rogue can.
And an SK with a CoS is the best of both worlds!
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And an SK with a CoS is the best of both worlds!
Add a necro on top of that and you've got the best of all those worlds plus top notch soloability. xD

Feel kinda awkward over this thread now because in the end I ultimately just decided to go with an iksar necromancer, haha.
Closed Thread