Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-25-2021, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm no dev, but from old in era log files knockback effects from spells and even out of era monk knockback disc knocking mobs across the room did not interrupt casting.
Log tells you nothing about if it works or not though. Mob could have been in a corner and didn't move at all.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:55 PM
Banned

This is also 100% wrong, monk knockback ability (wasn't a disc) that eventually gets introduced absolutely did interrupt casting.

I remember being overjoyed when I got this skill as I had another tool outside of just push spam to use to interrupt mobs that CH'd.
Old 02-02-2021, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

I can confirm that there is a small chance to successfully interrupt NPCs on hit.

I succeeded in doing this on a level 30 warrior using a single magic 2hs hit and a kick against Trazdon in Najena.

Methinks the chance to interrupt on hit may be a little too low if it took this many months for me to observe it :S
Old 02-02-2021, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can confirm that there is a small chance to successfully interrupt NPCs on hit.

I succeeded in doing this on a level 30 warrior using a single magic 2hs hit and a kick against Trazdon in Najena.

Methinks the chance to interrupt on hit may be a little too low if it took this many months for me to observe it :S
Yep! There is and has always been a small chance to interrupt an NPC via a melee attack regardless of whether or not the NPC moves - but it is a very small chance, hardly reliable or replicable. Interrupting a mob via push (moving it spatially across unit tiles) is now impossible.

My whole point is that the developers overshot the mark. Instead of making NPCs "less susceptible" to push, they have made them literally immune to spell interrupt via push.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 02-09-2021, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Galach kindly moved my post to the correct sub-forum. Sorry about that - was in the wrong forum this whole time! Hopefully a dev can take a look at this and make the necessary fix.

Old 02-09-2021, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

Adding melee push back into the game would be a substantial improvement, both for quality of life and to align with classic mechanics. It adds an element of teamwork to get all the members of a raiding party or group to work together to interrupt casting and by the Velious era melee push was certainly known and a tactic often in use.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Yea, I'd really like some kind of acknowledgment just that this is being looked at and will be fixed in a soon-to-come patch. Would add some kind of peace of mind.

Old 02-21-2021, 07:03 PM
Kobold

It is a little off that a player can't even move and start a spell immediately after they stop moving w/o getting interrupted. Yet you can move an NPC across a zone and it still regains concentration...
Old 02-25-2021, 05:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is a little off that a player can't even move and start a spell immediately after they stop moving w/o getting interrupted.
This bit was true on live also. If you turn in place a little immediately after you stop moving (takes like 0.1sec if you using mouse to turn), or tap your sit/stand key twice, it will make the server notice you are stopped and avoid the interrupt.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heres a few posts with evidence push did exist. One is from our own EQEmulator forums. There were no patch notes or changes to push that can be found anywhere.

https://www.graffes.com/forums/showt...886#post115886

https://www.oocities.org/xymarra/Str...rStrategy.html

Heres one from the very Emulator we use"
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40405

If nothing, this all proves that melee push should at least have a chance to interrupt. Here it has 0 chance. This is not right and easily proven by 10 minutes and a google search.
Thank you for your hard work and research, Detoxx. Much appreciated; and I hope that the developers take this under advisement and revert the baseless "fix."