Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would it surprise you I'm not rejoicing though?
None of this is what we wanted. It's not a win. We lost Trump. We lost his most fervently violent, vicious and aggressive supporters.

It's a very sad outcome.

Sad. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is totally true. You can’t brush any of this stuff under the rug, it needs to be pulled out into the sunlight. We have people from both sides of our two major political factions take to the streets to fuck up our cities and institutions. Somewhere along the lines we have obviously fucked up in a big way. This won’t just go away if we silence people.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodyLich666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is totally true. You can’t brush any of this stuff under the rug, it needs to be pulled out into the sunlight. We have people from both sides of our two major political factions take to the streets to fuck up our cities and institutions. Somewhere along the lines we have obviously fucked up in a big way. This won’t just go away if we silence people.
Yes.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except they aren't working under any capitalist model, They would never have existed and would cease to exist if they could be sued for libel/slander. Pretty hilarious how ignorant you are of this reality.
What's pretty hilarious is how Trump and his supporters want to get rid of 230 but don't realize that most of the stuff Trump says is exactly the type of stuff the platforms would get sued for...which would lead them to banning Trump from all the platforms in order to avoid liability lol
Old 01-07-2021, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's pretty hilarious is how Trump and his supporters want to get rid of 230 but don't realize that most of the stuff Trump says is exactly the type of stuff the platforms would get sued for...which would lead them to banning Trump from all the platforms in order to avoid liability lol
Trump already can be sued for anything he says on twitter.

Good lord you are dumb.
Old 01-07-2021, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would it surprise you I'm not rejoicing though?

I've grown. I realize this is how civilizations crumble. We take sides and vehemently uppose each other with the most vicious slander and dehumanizing rhetoric. We stop listening.

I can tolerate any opinions that come from respectful people. If I owned a creole restaurant and disagreed with the police outside, if they were polite and civil, I would still want to make sure that they had a good meal.

No.

None of this is what we wanted. It's not a win. We lost Trump. We lost his most fervently violent, vicious and aggressive supporters.

It's a very sad outcome.

Sad. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only side im on is the truth, sadly only one party over the last 12 years has been partly truth caring. In no way does that mean I think democracts and liberals are always truthful. I have been a lifetime registered no party, but what i can tell you is that over the last 12 years one party has been nothing but indulged in lies and inflammatory rhetoric. So it makes it pretty easy to vote ill just say that
Old 01-07-2021, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trump already can be sued for anything he says on twitter.

Good lord you are dumb.
No he cant, a president cant be sued. You should know this
Old 01-07-2021, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by budz2112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No he cant, a president cant be sued. You should know this
Wrong. He can be sued during or after his presidency. presidents have no protection from civil disputes, only criminal ones during their presidential terms.

Need to start charging the trash on this forum for basic civics lessons.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Free speech or oppression can't really be brought up in this situation, you have absolutely no right to have a facebook, twitter, or instagram account.

Anyone that suggests they're not allowed to make their own decisions about how they run their company is anti-capitalist.
Hell yea! Ive thought it's complete nonsense to be mad at social media, even people demanding their data, you get facebook for a cost, by giving them your data while you use it. DUH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodyLich666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as I agree with this sentament, I wonder if the row is over. And now we've all had a taste of chaos and nobody likes it.

I feel like we're in for at least 4 years of the most boring, order and CSPAN style news cycles like its the late 90's again.
Last edited by Jibartik; 01-07-2021 at 04:11 PM..
Old 01-07-2021, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Edited my double post into my post. SORRY storm my capitol over it.
Old 01-07-2021, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Wrong. He can be sued during or after his presidency. presidents have no protection from civil disputes, only criminal ones during their presidential terms.

Need to start charging the trash on this forum for basic civics lessons.
Your right he can be sued for civil disputes, mary trump just proved that the other day, as well as trump college
Closed Thread