Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not recruitment.. the guys already here.. I enjoy talking about how fun, cool, deep the game is. Whats possible. Try it sometime.
No.

Hope this new guy is having fun tho. Not really eq pvp but w/e everyone and everything is great.
Old 02-14-2021, 02:44 AM
Fire Giant

Popped into R99 for a bit and buffed the new guy.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Old 02-14-2021, 12:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurgort/Sseri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Popped into R99 for a bit and buffed the new guy.
You did thank you!
Old 02-14-2021, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebit32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm looking to start playing on red server tonight, with myself being new to the whole Pvp scene I have a few questions.

1) Do people raid often on red server?

2) Do other players get to loot items off your body?

3) Any class recommendations? (I play on Green server as a 53 Druid about the only class I've played/highest character I have)

~Plz no bully~
There is a small number of high level guilds that raid, no items just coin loot. Your death is broadcasted global " Yellow Text" Soandso slain by soandso in _zone.

Sticking to druid is a smart choice. It's a very low population server, without significant wait times you should play a class that can solo to max level.

edit: saw that you have started iksar necro, looks fun, I played a DE Necro to level 35 at launch before rerolling like 2 years later, but thats another story. Make sure to farm those halfling guards in your 30s if you want good coin loot to buy your spells. I'd check out the money making guide that necros can take full advantage of since your faction is already garbage. Only downside is when no merchant is nearby for your iksar to sell to/train at.

edit: one option is for when you can farm bags of X item to sell to vendor, make a level 1 that can sell nearby, and drop your bags where the level 1 is camped, this pop is so low if you dont drop it somewhere obviouis thats a safe way to farm your loots anywhere off kunark if you so desire.
Last edited by Knuckle; 02-14-2021 at 02:53 PM..
Old 02-14-2021, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: one option is for when you can farm bags of X item to sell to vendor, make a level 1 that can sell nearby, and drop your bags where the level 1 is camped, this pop is so low if you dont drop it somewhere obviouis thats a safe way to farm your loots anywhere off kunark if you so desire.
Yup, Felwithe Guards at L49+ / roll a level 1 High Elf enchanter to pick stuff up to sell. Named mine Elftraitor, great money.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Old 02-17-2021, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

Don’t listen to Gustoo for race advice, noone cares about rogue boulders or iksar regen it’s all negligible (and he’s wrong in a lot of cases anyway), play what you want
Old 02-19-2021, 11:25 AM
Kobold

Thanks for all the nfo in this thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] am gonna mess around on red a bit til bored (shouldn't take long..) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2021, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t listen to Gustoo for race advice, noone cares about rogue boulders or iksar regen it’s all negligible (and he’s wrong in a lot of cases anyway), play what you want
I concluded my advice with “
There are numerous examples of best in class PVPers who chose to be "inferior" races, in the end your own skill and tenacity are much more significant than any racial benefits, but it is something to keep in mind. ” and barbarian rogues, iksar monks, and ogres are all objectively superior, but as noted the player matters more by a long shot
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-19-2021, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I concluded my advice with “
There are numerous examples of best in class PVPers who chose to be "inferior" races, in the end your own skill and tenacity are much more significant than any racial benefits, but it is something to keep in mind. ” and barbarian rogues, iksar monks, and ogres are all objectively superior, but as noted the player matters more by a long shot
I can say firsthand having played in rogue BOTB vs boulder barbarians that it is a broken advantage for those types of events and does in fact negate skill. Not even sure why they allow those in BOTB. That being said I did win a title for my boy.
Old 02-19-2021, 02:13 PM
Kobold

started a cleric, switched to chanter.. never really played either, should be bad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]