Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 02:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Lightbulb Necro race choice for plat farming

Hey all, this community has been great! I want to first say that I've read loads and loads of threads on this but haven't found this info in any of the threads of guides so I thought I would ask here.

I am new to eq, I have a 21druid at the moment, I don't have much time to play but I want to roll a necro for fun and whats fun for me is plat farming.

What race should I choose, to make the most money, with little play time invested?

Here is where my mind is at and why I need your help tipping the scales so I can make a decision:

Option 1: Iskar
- Pro: Min-maxy, regen, good starting area
- Con: Hard banking/selling life

Option 2: Dark elf
Pro: Access to farming Reaper of the Dead (since I don't play much lvl 20-30 is very doable), somewhat easier time selling/banking

Option 3: Erudit
Pro: Can just stick around Painel and kill guards, very chill

---
Old 03-23-2021, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

if you arent iksar you've made a big mistake
Old 03-23-2021, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Gnome cos they have least scruples and are greediest.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnome cos they have least scruples and are greediest.
Less than Iksar? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But seriously OP, the game is designed to let you earn much more plat (per real-life-hour you spend) when you are higher level, so by farming plat at low levels you're working against it. If you don't believe me, just look at the https://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide

That being said, I don't think your racial choice really matters: with 50 plat (less if you tip cheaply) you can get a port anywhere in the world, so starting zones don't matter. I guess I'd either make a Dark Elf, if you're making him purely to do that Thex Mallet quest repeatedly, or else an Iksar, if you just want the best general purpose farmer.

You could do any other race, level faster, have access to more vendors/banks, and have a higher-level/faster-plat-earning necro quicker, so arguably you should pick that ... but if you get this toon to a high level and actually want to play him as more than a farmer ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you arent iksar you've made a big mistake

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

dat iksar regen tho...

i made iksar necro, and farmed so many bonechips in field of bone/kurns tower that now at lvl45, i still have 10 stacks left. banking isnt a problem because of FD. selling isnt a problem because most druid rings have nonKOS merchants, and gypsies are cool too
Old 03-23-2021, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

The only race choice for necromancer is IKSAR

Pre-kunark - Erudite, Dark Elf, Gnome
Kunark+ - Iksar
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

iksar will level 22% slower. You won't really see much return on your exp penalty for quite awhile. I think non-iksar can deal with allure of death without even having to tap hardly.

So the question is how high you plan on leveling the character? i certainly wouldn't bother with iksar if you never plan on going over 50.

dark elf also get s hide which at some camps can be quite useful, though the higher level you get the less likely you will be able to get away with using it for AFKing while you mediate back your mana/wait for respawn. Which again goes back to how high level you plan to go.

You can actually decent plat with the druid quadding so might be best just to stick with that, could also port people and be away from keyboard a lot only popping in occasionally to do a port.
Old 03-23-2021, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Another con for Iksar Necromancer: Having to look at them
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 03-23-2021, 07:18 PM
Banned

Human

you're going to be looking at your character for a long time farming

so got to look cool
Old 03-23-2021, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

If your not making your necro to get super high level, I wouldn't worry about being an iksar. Also, if you don't have time on your hands.

You can level quickly on any other random necro, and that might be quicker to get to the camps you need.
Closed Thread