Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

Jeremy is a bad example. I am fairly certain he leveled all those himself. However, not all of us have that kind of time.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? I don't see any point in calling out specific people, but I'm sure you as well as I know that many people on this server that are 60 have multiple accounts which were acquired through trades. Not many folks advertise it, but I'd point at Jeremy as a case and point (only because he advertises his toons in his sig). I've taken a long hiatus from the game myself and I'm waiting for a new server to be formed to come back. I just think banning account trading is a really good step in the right direction, but could have been an initial policy.

I'm not some guy that never accomplished anything on this server or never participated in account trading, but looking back, I wish it had never been allowed. The server is being ruined by both it and MQ's.
The only person I'm calling out is YOU. You're exaggerating the fuck out of the account trading "problem" when you say stuff like "lol errybody got 5 fully geared 60s logged out at raid spawns and it ruins the game and it's all because of account trading."

I asked who these people are because I know you won't be able to list more than a handful (if that), even though you talk about it like it is common knowledge how many of these people there are and who they are and how that is causing such a big issue.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

I've never bought or sold an account/character.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

cool
Old 08-11-2013, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A+++++++++++++++
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A+++++++++++++++
Quote:
A+++++++++++++++
Old 08-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only person I'm calling out is YOU. You're exaggerating the fuck out of the account trading "problem" when you say stuff like "lol errybody got 5 fully geared 60s logged out at raid spawns and it ruins the game and it's all because of account trading."

I asked who these people are because I know you won't be able to list more than a handful (if that), even though you talk about it like it is common knowledge how many of these people there are and who they are and how that is causing such a big issue.
I said "some people" which is a bit different than "errybody". maybe it was a bit of an exaggeration, but the point is account trading made accounts way too easy to get - I personally had a hand of the maestro for sale before taking my break and was offered several different 58+ accounts for just the MQ. It's kind of strange that a single item (there are many many others) can be traded for a fully geared account capable of raiding or more specifically, capable of being camped on a raid target.

As far as jeremy goes - I didn't know that, if its true. bravo.
It's worth noting that if even 10 people have multiple 60's or 52's acquired through trades, thats probably a good portion of the true raiding community. Of course, there are more than 10 people with multiple accounts (maybe not 5) gotten through trades.

Did I say account trading alone ruined the game? or did I say it contributed to to its ruin, along with MQ's? And raiding isn't the only problem it causes, as i stated in my original post. It perpetuates people camping mobs/items only for the reason of making valuable accounts (pre-nerf items, epic mobs, etc.).

No problem alone is severe enough to RUIN the game, but in conjunction with one another, they do. Especially for those that get to their late 50's and realize there's no room to do anything fun except reroll an alt. Sometimes this is because of the more hardcore people that have gotten everything they need and are now just snatching up MQ's or are getting gear for their trade acquired char, cockblocking the more casual players.
There will certainly be people that are willing to level up a few chars themselves for the sole purpose of raiding and gearing, but I think at least having to do it personally slows down or deters people.
Last edited by tops419; 08-11-2013 at 12:57 PM..
Closed Thread