Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 10:47 PM
Sarnak

Default 29 Paladin - what piece of gear next?

I've got decent gear thanks to the generosity of the server. I've got a Baton of Faith (SotM/Shield for later or to sell if I must), a few DW pieces, Dusty BP, Dark Mail Gaunts, etc.

Should I focus on getting something like a FBSS? Should I save up for Epic materials? Or should I just save my plat? I could use something like Boots of Ro, or Sebilite Scale Leggings, but is it worth it? I imagine haste would be pretty important?

What do you all think?

Cheers.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

do you have 55hp rings? you should just quest all your ro gear yourself. personally wouldnt bother saving for epic items yet and i wouldnt worry about a haste item either as a paladin.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:39 AM
Sarnak

Fbss is a good play assuming you have 5ac 55hp rings.

And I agree, quest your boots of ro and other ro armor quests. Those are fun
Old 03-20-2015, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donruss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fbss is a good play assuming you have 5ac 55hp rings.
agreed

Quote:
And I agree, quest your boots of ro and other ro armor quests. Those are fun
I consider the Armor of Ro quests to be shit, shit, and more shit. Easy for a duird, horribly annoying tedious and fucking stupid as a paladin, quite literally some of the crappiest game design Verant ever did. But, like, that's just my opinion, man. (Boots and Legs are the most worthwhile pieces to buy or quest).
Old 03-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

I got my 2x 55hp rings. Once I hit 30 I think I'll try to get my Boots and Greaves of Ro.

And probably save up for a FBSS. Thanks! Do people sell loot rights to hangman noose at all? Cheaper than Fbss? I read on forums that sometimes people do.

Cheers!
Old 03-20-2015, 10:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agreed

I consider the Armor of Ro quests to be shit, shit, and more shit. Easy for a duird, horribly annoying tedious and fucking stupid as a paladin, quite literally some of the crappiest game design Verant ever did. But, like, that's just my opinion, man. (Boots and Legs are the most worthwhile pieces to buy or quest).
I hear ya. Anything that tells me to go to Tox and camp 2h spawns doesn't float my boat too much but we'll see. I want my new spells first!
Old 03-20-2015, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

There aren't really any must have items beyond the hp plat fire rings. FBSS will give you a nice bump in dps and considering you already have a decent ratio weapon there isn't any other combination of gear for the same price that will yield that level of improvement. STR can become an issue (low str = low atk = high miss) in late 40's if soloing even with our self buffs, so that may be something more general to plan for. For grouping though it doesn't really matter because there will generally be someone to buff that and while it is a nice contribution, your primary role is not killing things it's keeping them mad at you ^^
Old 03-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

Please realize that you are a level 29 Paladin with Baton of Faith, SoTM, Shield, DW pieces, Dusty BP, and Dark Mail Gauntlets.

This is a far, far better item setup than the large majority of us had leveling up.

At level 29, I was using Bronze and Rawhide armor, a Polished Granite Tomahawk that I looted in Highpass myself, and two Dervish Cutthroat Rings.

As maskedmelon pointed out, your primary job as a Paladin is to ensure that the mob your group has currently engaged is hitting you and only you. To do this, you do not need any special tricks or items. In fact, all you need to do your job as a Paladin effectively is the level 9 spell Flash of Light, which is purchasable for 6 silver from your local Hall of Truth.

This line of thinking that "I need this item!" is not justified by your character's actual needs. The truth is that unless you have a boatload of money to drop on a haste item or Fungi Tunic, no one item at this point will result in any noticeable difference in your character. Furthermore, you can earn your own keep and loot most of your character's upgrades along the way on your path to level 60. See this thread for suggestions.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please realize that you are a level 29 Paladin with Baton of Faith, SoTM, Shield, DW pieces, Dusty BP, and Dark Mail Gauntlets.

This is a far, far better item setup than the large majority of us had leveling up.

At level 29, I was using Bronze and Rawhide armor, a Polished Granite Tomahawk that I looted in Highpass myself, and two Dervish Cutthroat Rings.

As maskedmelon pointed out, your primary job as a Paladin is to ensure that the mob your group has currently engaged is hitting you and only you. To do this, you do not need any special tricks or items. In fact, all you need to do your job as a Paladin effectively is the level 9 spell Flash of Light, which is purchasable for 6 silver from your local Hall of Truth.

This line of thinking that "I need this item!" is not justified by your character's actual needs. The truth is that unless you have a boatload of money to drop on a haste item or Fungi Tunic, no one item at this point will result in any noticeable difference in your character. Furthermore, you can earn your own keep and loot most of your character's upgrades along the way on your path to level 60. See this thread for suggestions.
Yes, I realize that. I wasn't looking for a "holier than thou" reply. Was just a simple question. I'm not saying I "need" an item. However, I do prefer to have a "goal" in my mind, whether that is item or otherwise.

Was just a question, man.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Listen to Pint, he knows pallys
Closed Thread