Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 01:41 PM
Aviak

YAAAAAAAAAAS
Old 09-13-2019, 01:41 PM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to thedonkdonk Send a message via MSN to thedonkdonk Send a message via Yahoo to thedonkdonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Green Lifetime
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again.
So at some point I am going to have 20 characters on the blue server characters select screen?
Old 09-13-2019, 01:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lists
We would like players to have their fair shot at obtaining limited time items, and to that end we are devising a system for a server-kept 'list' of players in line to loot said item. Upon entering a zone or camp area, you will be able to enter a command to add yourself to the list for this item. While your name is on that list you must remain in the zone or camp vicinity until your name reaches the top (You'll have a limited time to re-enter the zone or area in case of disconnection). Once your name is up, and the item drops, you will automatically be granted exclusive permission to loot that item from the corpse. We hope this system will prevent the practice of passing camps and/or items to friends, corpsing additional items, and so on. We believe this should closely mimic how the majority of camps were handled in classic Everquest, and is the best solution to mechanically enforce it. More details about this system will be announced prior to launch.
DUDE. Great solution! Seriously did not see something like this coming.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again.
So if i've read this right, once Green merges with Blue, both servers are wiped and you're enforced to start again? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-13-2019, 01:56 PM
Aviak

Seems pretty clear Green is moved to blue and green is wiped. Not both servers.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:57 PM
Kobold

Two part post:
1. What you guys do for the community is incredible and I am excited once again. I'm trying to decide on which class to play next. I think its time to give up the Warrior for something different. I love the idea that you guys are using lists to keep rare camps honest and enforced. This is seriously incredible.

2. This may come off as a troll post, but I'm being serious:
a. Are you guys setup as a non-profit (501c3 type)?

b. Can I help with donations made via hardware? If so do you guys have a public wish list for the green server hardware you're purchasing that I may be able to help with rather than cash donations? I also work in enterprise IT and have access to some equipment that is server rack grade that churns quickly as top performance requirements demand bleeding edge equipment.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

So are the Class penalties in effect on launch? I think these were changed on a server decision not a timeline right?
Old 09-13-2019, 02:02 PM
Server GM

Yes, class penalties are in until they are removed via timeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraceptive View Post
If you can prove God is real to me I might believe you aren't just a virgin that has been given fake internet powers that you over-wield on an imaginary game. Also, don't forget to take contraceptive, the world doesn't need any more yous. Ah who the hell am I kidding you're not reproducing you're too busy blanket banning people on a 20 year old elf simulator.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, class penalties are in until they are removed via timeline
Boo, hiss! But expected.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:14 PM
Aviak

congratulations! what a fantastic accomplishment. you guys must feel great to finally reach this point after 10 years of dedication!
Closed Thread