Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Did you post in the petition forum?

If so, it may be worth popping into the p99 discord and asking the staff that are active in there.
Old 09-08-2020, 11:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by voydent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on 1st september morning, i rolled the winning roll within the 10 seconds limit. someone else rolled a higher number but rolled late (at the 12th second, basically disqualifying him). however he refused to concede and ended up looting the head anyway. so i had no choice but to petition him.

it has been 1 week but i havent heard back from any GM.

really want to know if the GMs will enforce this player-agreed camp rule, or is this going to be ignored.
GM's will in fact enforce this. A couple months ago, I won a ring8 roll a few seconds late (because I killed the mobs that had agrod me instead of bringing them to the roll spot) on my warrior, Mahonri, because as I ran up to the camp, nobody was rolling. I waited for about 15 seconds for the rolls to start, then saw ooc "soanso with 901?" or similar, so I rolled, beat it, and got told I was a couple seconds late, and it didn't count. I didn't like it, and explained I felt I did the right thing by not training, and had indeed arrived to the camp in time, but didn't see any rolls happening so I figured it hadn't happened yet. So, the Riot guy that had the next highest roll, within the 30 second timer, petitioned.

About 60 seconds later, Menden showed up to personally handle this petition from the Riot member, and said I had lost because of the strict 30 second timer. I asked if I should have brought the mobs and rolled with them there, possibly training people, and he said if I trained I could have been DQ'd from the roll and gotten in trouble for that as well.

So basically yeah, you won, but... I don't like it. I think it should be 30 seconds for each roll. It's really weird having one precedent for one roll, and a different precedent for another.

Like yesterday at the badain/ring10 clickfest, my wife was freaking out in the next room because she's morbidly afraid of moths, and one had gotten in our house and touched her, and she literally panicked, ran around like a crazy person, tripped and fell, etc. She cried out for me to help her kill it, so I very literally muttered out loud "if this makes me miss this..." killed the moth in like 10 or 15 seconds tops, and as I look back to my screen, the roll had happened.

Granted, clickfest is a different (stupid) ballgame that Riot wants to play, but my point is, we gotta be able to step away for 30 seconds. It's unhealthy/crazy to not be able to break away for that amount of time.
Old 09-08-2020, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by voydent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on 1st september morning, i rolled the winning roll within the 10 seconds limit. someone else rolled a higher number but rolled late (at the 12th second, basically disqualifying him). however he refused to concede and ended up looting the head anyway. so i had no choice but to petition him.

it has been 1 week but i havent heard back from any GM.

really want to know if the GMs will enforce this player-agreed camp rule, or is this going to be ignored.
LOL. This isn't even everquest at this point. This is pathetic. Who fucking cares.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:07 PM
Kobold

Just play on Red where if you realize you're not going to get Skargus' head, you use an character that is out of PvP range from all the 60s and kill Angry before he pops Skargus. Problem solved.
Old 09-08-2020, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just play on Red where if you realize you're not going to get Skargus' head, you use an character that is out of PvP range from all the 60s and kill Angry before he pops Skargus. Problem solved.
no one plays on red, red folks dont play red.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no one plays on red, red folks dont play red.
Angry Goblin is up on Red right now!
Old 09-09-2020, 12:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damarous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you post in the petition forum?

If so, it may be worth popping into the p99 discord and asking the staff that are active in there.
thanks man. followed your advice and messaged the staff that are online. lets see...
Old 09-09-2020, 06:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL. This isn't even everquest at this point. This is pathetic. Who fucking cares.

i dont usually care much. but this is THE infamous angry roll. imagine sitting for 5-6 hours every 3 days for weeks or months. and then have someone steal your skargus head.

i will 100% lawyerquest this to the end..
Old 09-09-2020, 11:00 AM
Kobold

I hope you get it reimbursed man. As much as I hated the rule going against me at that ring8

I also hope we can:

1. Update angry goblin roll to a 1 minute timer
2. Update ring 8 roll to a 1 minute timer
3. Update scout roll to a 1 minute timer
4. Update shady goblin roll to a 1 minute timer
5. Update the ring 10 clickfest to either an agreement*, or a roll with a 1 minute timer.

*IMO, an agreement would be better, but it requires guilds working together on a few things: understanding that not all guilds are able to field a full ring-war force at all hours, and some way to agree on what a "fair" distribution of the wars would be. A system/understanding needs to be put in place for taking turns, and if X amount of time has passed (8, 12, or maybe 16 hours?) without a hand-in to Badain, then you lose your turn and it's FFA etc, BUT you could also play nice and proactively trade spots with a guild that's ready to go, and all that jazz.

Ultimately though, my points here are that it blows my mind that we've agreed everywhere else that clickfest is not what we want to do on this server, that it's bad for X, Y, and Z reasons, except for Ring War, because logic (greed, actually). Similarly, it blows my mind that we've chosen a 30 second timer here, a 10 second timer there, clickfest there, etc, because logic.

Can't we just set more of a rule of thumb here, and have very rare exceptions to the rule, like MAYBE ring10 only?
Old 09-09-2020, 12:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomuch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Update angry goblin roll to a 1 minute timer
2. Update ring 8 roll to a 1 minute timer
3. Update scout roll to a 1 minute timer
4. Update shady goblin roll to a 1 minute timer
5. Update the ring 10 clickfest to either an agreement*, or a roll with a 1 minute timer.
I agree with this. If I don't like my first roll, 1 minute gives me enough time to camp out and log on another character so I can roll again on another toon.
Closed Thread