Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2020, 11:22 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras
Default This is a severe injustice...

...that my Samsung Smart TV no longer carries the MLB.tv app. How am I supposed to watch my out-of-market Baseball games now?

This is an injustice. A travesty. Shocking. Outrageous. I will NOT stand for this!

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

If it's anything like nfl where they take a knee and stay in the locker room during the national anthem.

Fuck em
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it's anything like nfl where they take a knee and stay in the locker room during the national anthem.

Fuck em
Why are they playing the national anthem to a stadium devoid of fans? Why should the players have to do anything about that one way or another? Just go play football. Do you have to stand and salute a flag every time you show up to work? Sports is just another TV show, do we need the anthem played before every TV show even when there's no live audience?
Old 09-14-2020, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are they playing the national anthem to a stadium devoid of fans? Why should the players have to do anything about that one way or another? Just go play football. Do you have to stand and salute a flag every time you show up to work? Sports is just another TV show, do we need the anthem played before every TV show even when there's no live audience?
Why does anyone give a shit about sports?
Because it's a distraction from real life.

Based on Greek Olympics used to distract the populous from problems in gov/society.
And they employ a large minority racial group to entertain the elite.

Chew on that for a while.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is an injustice. A travesty. Shocking. Outrageous. I will NOT stand for this!
This is America professional sports in 2020, bro. You shouldn't stand for it. You need to kneel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-14-2020, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

Great thing about America... we have freedom to choose what we participate and don’t participate in. If a player doesn’t want to stand for the National Anthem, that’s their choice and right. If you don’t want to watch because of that it’s your choice and right. As for me, il be choosing to watch. Go Pack Go!!
Old 09-14-2020, 06:49 AM
Banned

Are they gonna honor Jacob Blake again? lol
Old 09-14-2020, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does anyone give a shit about sports?
Because it's a distraction from real life.

Based on Greek Olympics used to distract the populous from problems in gov/society.
And they employ a large minority racial group to entertain the elite.

Chew on that for a while.
I think that take is a little cynical. What is the difference between a distraction and a unifying force? The former view is that of someone who feels like they need to escape, that society is bad and it's grinding them down and the government is on their back, and the latter is because they just want to come together with others in a shared activity. So I think that would be a matter of personal outlook.

As for the racial makeup, you're not implying the Denver Broncos hire a ton of black players for the sole reason of providing an "exotic other" for the viewers?

I understand the Bread & Circuses thing, having accessed the historical records. Modern sports are not that. They're not being run by nations. They're businesses trying to make a buck under the banner of unification. I mean yeah distraction too, whatever brings you in with your wallet, but they promote the happier, more uplifting aspect. And really, no one I know says let's go to the game I want to forget my shitty life, it's always it's going to be great we're going to eat and drink and see everyone.

Oh yeah, what was my point? If your business depends on unification, it's really really bad to let your employees be the distraction.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

TV, lol
Old 09-14-2020, 04:20 PM
Banned

No justice no peace!! (this is what you say when you want to justify doing literally anything so find a good thing to burn down asap op)
Closed Thread